Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Stolen Alfa Romeo race car alert - Auckland/New Zealand

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Australia & New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexj
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Stolen Alfa Romeo race car alert - Auckland/New Zealand Reply with quote

I'm hoping someone of ths forum can help me find my missing Alfa Romeo.

The car is an Alfa Romeo Alfasud Ti 1982 Registration KR555. Distinguishing features are red paint with white stripes and Alfa Romeo script in white and white Alfa Romeo symbol on roof of car. The white stripes are stuck on so could have been removed. Car has numerous racing modifications including roll cage (half cage), Momo race seat and Momo steering wheel, single wiper, side exhaust (somewhat loud), air inlets where inner headlights normally go and modified engine, suspension, brakes etc. Was wearing different mag wheels than in this photo.

Stolen from my garage on Tuesday, 23rd Nov 2004.

Last seen in Newton area, heading up New North Road towards Symonds Street, Auckland, approx time between 12 noon and 1pm on the 23rd.

Please contact me if you have any info or have been offered parts etc.

More info here:
http://groups.msn.com/alfaromeotrofeoseries/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=142&LastModified=4675498898557346791

Regards,
Lex
alexj
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a picture here, but it's not the best one....
http://groups.msn.com/alfaromeotrofeoseries/agmtaupo2003.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=696

Someone should have noticed a car looking and sounding like that driven on the road.... and one or two people did, but more information is needed.

Thanks in advance....
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or if you're too lazy to follow those links, the car looks like this:
alexj
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting that up Ben. My new ISP seems to be having problems with their homepages server so might link to your page if you don't mind. Still no more sightings of the car except the ones in New North Road... would be real keen to learn were it went after that.

Regards
Lex
alexj
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Update 23rd December Reply with quote

Have just this week have had an unconfirmed sighting from someone seeing the car in Hamilton City, in the Norton Road - Avalon drive area on Tuesday this week. Would be grateful if people living in, or travelling through the Waikato region keep an eye out for it.

Also, if anyone knows of any other modified Alfa Romeo in the Hamilton area that might have been mistaken for this one, please let me know.

Regards
Lex
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Australia & New Zealand All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: