Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Pls help on cooling.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serpent33
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Pls help on cooling. Reply with quote

Dear guys. I've got everything I need to win a race. But the only thing stopping me is the temp won't stay low for more than 4 laps(sepang F1 circuit). Wheather temp here is adv 34 degrees so standard cooling is not enough. I've got an oil cooler as well. I've also got no more space to make a thicker radiator else it'll protrude out of the front grill.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks!
sud 35
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Pls help on cooling. Reply with quote

You could probably try modifying your radiator. From memory, the standard 33 radiator has an inlet on one side and an outlet on the other side, it's not as efficient as it can be. I've seen people modify their radiators by putting dividers in the end tanks to force the fluid along a more efficient path to use more of the cooling surface. Check the obvious things too like thermostat, blocked radiator, damaged radiator fins etc.
Good luck,
Jason.

Serpent33 wrote:
Dear guys. I've got everything I need to win a race. But the only thing stopping me is the temp won't stay low for more than 4 laps(sepang F1 circuit). Wheather temp here is adv 34 degrees so standard cooling is not enough. I've got an oil cooler as well. I've also got no more space to make a thicker radiator else it'll protrude out of the front grill.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks!
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In cabin heater on full Smile
Maybe 1-2 bonet vents would help engine air more quickly, you should route hot air from radiator to top of bonet, while providing new cold air around radiator and into engine front.

Or making T pieces and pipings to custom sized radiators (where usualy are clima evapouratos) Behind bumper (in front of wheels).

Some also make openings in wheelarch part just above side indicators. Usualy to allow hot brakes air to dispose more quickly but maybe you could route also hot engine air through there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: