Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

'The big plan'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
patanga
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: 'The big plan' Reply with quote

Hi Folks

Just new to this forum (from Australia) so saying hi. Recently purchased this 91 33 1.7 16V with 150k's and in generally very tidy order. The big plan is to strip it bare & do away with any unnecessary weight and build it up as a track car with full welded cage and all the good gear. If there are any 33 owners who have already blazed the full race car trail with one of these I'd be happy to hear from you & learn from your experiences.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac359/patanga236/IMGP1932.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac359/patanga236/IMGP1933.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac359/patanga236/IMGP1934.jpg
john 33_16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Patanga- welcome along.

Car looks too good to strip down!- The Oz climate suits them, although amazed the paint hasn't turned to mat pink- resprayed?

John
08 Fiat Grande Punto Exotica Red
90 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis- Silky white/red/blue
patanga
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: too good to race Reply with quote

Hi John. Yes it is a tidy car but as they aren't in abundant supply over here my chances of finding one in lesser condition in any sort of reasonable time frame are fairly limited. Having said that it didn't break the bank to buy and I will sell off the interior trim bits for another 33 owner to upgrade their early model so it wont be going to waste. I've seen the disgusting shade of pink you mentioned on a 156 recently and a friend of mine has a 147 TS that looks to be starting to go that way too. I thought the problem had been sorted by that model?.. Not a spot of rust in my 33 either. Aus weather helps. I will post pictures and details as the project progresses. Very Happy
patanga
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reprayed? Reply with quote

Hi again.

No to your respray question. It's the original paint. I plan to repaint it in Rosso to match our team's other race car which is a tarmac rally 147 GTA 300hp. The team also races a 200hp 79 2L GTV in tarmac and sprint events. If you are keen to have a look you can see them at www.mountainroadracing.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: