Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Greetings from Club Alfa Romeo Svezia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sf49er
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Greetings from Club Alfa Romeo Svezia Reply with quote

Being about to post a question I feel compelled to introduce myself first.

I am currently the Secretary of Club Alfa Romeo Svezia (www.alfaromeo.org) with some 2100 members.

Have had a variety of Alfas over the years starting with a '66 or '67 [ memory fails more frequently with increasing age Wink ] stepnose 1600 GT Junior. I was my second car while studying and gave me the many memorable trips.

During a 22 year sojourn in the U.K. and mostly U.S. I was Alfa deprived and relied on a variety of other cars, from Cadillacs to Maseratis!

Back in Sweden I bought a widebody 1996 155 2.0 TS with the Sports package (black Speedlines, rear spoiler, etc.) in 2004 with less than 20k miles on the clock. two owners and absolutely no rust. I still have it, now with 68k miles but unfortunately also a stripped timing belt and a number of bent valves.

While the 155 was off the road I needed transportation and last year bought a cheap '90 33 1.7 IE. Not quite rust free, the usual weak 2:nd gear synchro and other signs of age. However, it served me well for a year until the Swedish MOT has opionions about the rear wheel bearings -- warranted opinions I might add. With the ABS it turns out the bearings would cost more than what I paid for the car.

However, the year living with the 33 had me hooked and I found another '90 33 1.7 IE. This one a two owner car with just 35k miles and absolutely no rust (which is rare in general and unique in Sweden!). One owner (actually first a club member for the first few years and the his widow after he passed away) since 1991.

It seems I'm now part of the subset of Alfisti with a special weakness for the boxers!

I look forward to participate in the discussions and, possibly, contribute as well.
sekreterare@alfaromeo.org
Oggie
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and great to see we are reaching out to like minded individuals. Wink
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
welcome to the mad house Wink

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1990 S2 16v veloce sleeping!
2002 ts gtv the wifes now
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: