Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Reliving my youth

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reliving my youth Reply with quote

Hi

Thought I should join up, say hello, and tell my 33 story. I have wanted for some time to find another 33 having had one of these from 1989-91. When I get a bit more garage space (too many cars already for the wife's liking), and find the right one, I will have another 33 Very Happy

I fell in love with a 33 when, as a 20 year-old I was looking for an alternative to a Golf GTI/XR3 that were all the rage back then. The Alfa was a fair bit cheaper to buy and insure so a deal was done and I became the proud owner and the envy of my friends with E547LYW, a 1988, 4,000 mile 1.7 Cloverleaf Velocé.

The spec was really nice, and I have never seen another like it; gun metal grey, early Velocé body kit which I think was a Zender one (not the more numerous flat back rear one) and grey revolution 5 spoke alloys.

The deal was all the sweeter as it came with the balance of a 3 year warranty from Alfa which saved a fortune along the way. During the two and a half years that I had the car it clocked up another 60,000 miles before a lack of brakes and my talent, led to its demise (or so I thought).

The car was declared an insurance write-off, though I kept the boot badge as a momento (which I still have). A recent check with the DVLA showed that the car was in fact put back on the road, and soldiered on until 1994 when it was last taxed.

Sorry for the long post!
BigAl
P4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Chris,
wouldn't it be a great story if you ended up with your old one Smile
AL33NUT
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, welcome Chris. I'm guessing yours is a S2. The Veloce kit looks very good on these cars.

Perhaps Alex Poulter (33Bits) or Paul Hide might be able to tell you about your old car. It'll be great if you can find it.

Cheers - AL33NUT (Nnamdi)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: