Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

installation instruction for 57i kit

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ns

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: installation instruction for 57i kit Reply with quote

Hello,

Has somebody installation instruction for 57i kit (57-0147-1) or where I can download it?

Thanks.
Pilota33
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need much instruction.
Remove the old black airfilterhousing completely, and attach the 57i kit to the air mass controller instead.
That's all, good luck.

Serge

'79 Spider 2000 Veloce
'83 AlfaSud Sprint Veloce 1.5
'83 33 1.5
'87 33 1.7 iE 16v (chipped)
'88 33 1.7 QV (A/C)
'93 33 1.7 iE S 16v Q4 SW Zender (A/C)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ns

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Pilota33"]You don't need much instruction.
Remove the old black airfilterhousing completely, and attach the 57i kit to the air mass controller instead.

I agree it's easy.
But what about cold air hose? Where it is better to fix it?

ns.
RpmHead
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ns wrote:

But what about cold air hose? Where it is better to fix it?

Hi,

you can se some pics of my car with a 57i kit here:
http://www.andycam.net/view_album.php?set_albumName=album17
'69 Giulia Super
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Gary UK
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would it not be better to get some correct diameter tube and locate the filter in the wheel arch??
ns

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help.
ns

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I've got origial manual (57-0147-1). If somebody needs I can send by mail. My mail: ns@rbcmail.ru.

With kind regards,
ns.
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: For once I agree with Gary!!!!!! Reply with quote

The 57i kit is as good as any other nduction kit (although I'm biased towards ITG Megaflows, or their new CDA box).

However, fitting the filter direct to the AFM will only draw in hot engine bay air. Even with a cold air feed, you will still get 75% hot engine bay air, with a ram of cold mixed in. As an aside, you have also shortened the inlet tract length, which looses you torque, something already low with the 16V.

A better idea, is to locate the filter behind the bumper, imbetween inner and outer wings. My 16V P4 has grills in the bumper, I presume for getting air onto the brake discs, which is perfect. The only possible downside is this low down position could lead to suck in of water if you go through deep puddles, but the obvious answer is don't go through fords or the like. Any way we all know Alfas don't like water any way Laughing

As long as you keep the hose between filter and AFM of the same diameter as the AFM inlet port, you will get a nice laminar flow of air, and you will build good gas speed into the plenum and throttle bodies, to help keep low down torque up. The pessimists amongst you will point out that this could also inhibit air flow at high RPM, but don't forget that all WRC cars have to go through stupidly small restricters (I believe 38mm) in their inlets, and still achieve stupid BHP, so it is not a problem.

The benefits far outway the drawbacks.

Matt

Ex Alfa 33 'GTA' (P4 with Knobs On)
Now cruising in a 166 3.2 Ti!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum