Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

1984 S1 33 on ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Spotted A boxer Alfa
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joelomint
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: 1984 S1 33 on ebay Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1984-Alfa-Romeo-Alfa-33-5-door-saloon-green-For-spares-or-repair-/331679646283?hash=item4d39a5c24b:g:hnoAAOSwAYtWHA7w

looks worthy of resto..
eagle3
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A QO like what I used to have. Not too rotten for a S1. Single Weber twin choke carb,

£500 is a bit steep though.
paulhide
P4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, how can you tell this is a QO (gold cloverleaf) and not just a standard 1.5? Surely a QO would have a badge on the boot lid?
The reason I ask is that I'm keeping a register for cars in the UK. I have the registrations of 8 series one 1.5 saloons. 'How many left' website states that there are 4 QO cars left in the country and I'm trying to find these. At the moment I have one that definite.
eagle3
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whether they marketted them as Quadrafoglio Oros in the UK but it looks just like my old one, apart from the paint colour. Hubcaps, two tone paint, wood effect steering wheel and gearknob. Electric front windows as well. Mine did have headlight wash/wipe as well though. And you're right it should have the gold cloverleaf on the boot.

It's a single carb and also it had a long legged gearbox. Long final drive ratio. I rarely used 5th gear it was so long. Max speed was achieved in 4th, not 5th. Max torque was at 3500 rpm according to spec. The twin carbs torque curve peaked at over 4000 IIRC.

I suppose it depends on the market. Mine was french.
john 33_16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar vibe inside to the 'sud gold clover.

On wikipedia:"The luxurious 1.5 Quadrifoglio Oro (Gold Cloverleaf in the UK)[9] was distinguished by a silver grille, two-tone paintwork (metallic paint upper body separated by a brown tape from the dark brown lower body and bumpers) and clear front turn indicator lenses outside; by beige Texalfa leatherette/cloth interior, a woodtone steering wheel and shifter knob inside. Standard equipment included bronze tinted glass, headlight wipers, twin wing mirrors and trip computer."

It's still got cassettes in it -like my 33!
08 Fiat Grande Punto Exotica Red
90 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis- Silky white/red/blue
eagle3
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sud QO has a long gearbox as well..
iains
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a standard 1.5 model not a QO. The 33 was initially available in 3 versions in the UK - 1.3, 1.5 and 1.5 QO. The 1.3 and 1.5 shared the same seat fabric but the QO had a different, darker fabric. The QO also had an electronic trip computer/check control unit at the base of the centre console plus other extra feature such as headlight wipers. The 1.5 shared the two tone exterior paint scheme with the QO hence why some may be getting confused. The 1.3 was in single body colour with black plastic bumpers.
eagle3
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine did have a trip computer as well, and check control, but the interior looks identical apart from that.

Some snaps of my old QO in my photobucket library http://s213.photobucket.com/user/eagle3_2007/media/IMG_1245.jpg.html?o=148
iains
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours was a French market car by the looks of things? Alfa used to have very different spec's in the UK compared to other markets. If you look at the eBay car and compare the seats to yours you'll see the stitching pattern is different. The UK cars had the lines in their seat inserts stitched front to rear whilst Euro market cars went left to right. I have an original UK launch brochure for the 33 somewhere and it had good photo's of the darker seat material in the QO.

My 1.3 had the same seats as the eBay car but had vinyl door cards. The 1.5 model came with the cloth door cards and vinyl inserts on the armrests. The QO came with a darker fabric, cloth door cards and cloth inserts on the door armrests. In the UK market only the QO had the check control system. The QV model introduced a year or so later also received the check control.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Spotted A boxer Alfa All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: