Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

33 16v for sale but engine needs attention!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evs
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: 33 16v for sale but engine needs attention!! Reply with quote

Hi all!!
Where do I start!!?!
Basically, I have a K reg 33 16V for sale! You will have seen previous posts regarding this car as I’ve had big trouble with it recently!!
I’ll give you a quick run down on the events! It went for it’s MOT last month and needed a few minor things doing to it! Mainly brakes! Three days later, the engine gave up on me! I assumed that a cam belt had broken! After spending most of last weekend striping the front end off with my Dad we discovered that in fact both belts were fine, and the problem was a broken idler! The timing marks all seemed to be set up still so we fitted a new idler and hoped for the best!!!
Well much to my disappointment, all was not good! The engine fired up but our conclusion is that at least one valve has been damaged as the exhaust gas was coming back up and out of the air intake! I myself don’t have a great knowledge of how these things work but my dad does! We’ve hit the time where we either spend a lot of time and effort on removing the head and replacing vales or I give up and let the car go to someone who fancies taking the challenge on!!
I really do love this car and it’s had a fair bit done to it over the last 8 months, but I’m at the point where I’ve had to get a new car and the Alfa is now seriously getting in my way!
Like I said, it’s got 11 months MOT and has only done about 50 miles since the MOT was issued! The engine’s got 80,000 miles on it, and here’s what’s been done recently!
New strut pans and bearings, Squadra tuning chip fitted (still have old one as well!), K&N 57i induction kit, new cat and exhaust system (that was expensive!), 4 good tyres, new lambda probe (fitted after a diagnostics test a couple of months ago, new brake pads!!
I will be sad to see this car go, but I honestly haven’t got the time, equipment, and money, to warrant continuing with it!
The body work on the car is superb and the recaro black imitation leather interior is near perfect condition!
I’m sure I would get more money by breaking the car up and selling various parts as it is all in good working condition! But I don’t want to turn my parents garden into a scrap yard, and it would be a shame to destroy such a good 33!!
I’ve had a whole load of fun with this car and hopefully someone who has the time and knowledge to get the car up and running again will want it!
I’m not expecting to get anywhere near my money back on the car, but I’d obviously like to get some!
Anyone interested in this post can contact me by private message and I’ll explain more if necessary! Anyone would be more than welcome to come and have a look at the car if they’re at all interested!
The car is in Exmouth, Devon!
Look forward to hearing from you people who know it’s a crime to keep a 33 off the road for this long!!!
Edward
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

May be interested, but could you let me know what colour the car is.

Thanks.
Evs
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car is silver and has matching mirrors!
Any more questions, feel free!
The only change to my origional post is that I have sold the superchip and replaced the origional one!
Regars,
Chris
Evs
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Haven't made much of an effort recently to sell this car, so thought I'd get some pictures on the net.
You can view the car via the web address below.

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/795385

As you can see, it's off the road and on my lawn so I'll be looking at getting rid of it a.s.a.p.

Any offer will be considered, and also depending on what the part it is, I'll consider breaking it.
I really don't want to break it though!! Just look at it!!! What a shame that would be!!

Cheers,
Chris
chris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: engine Reply with quote

ill sell you an engine if you like Smile
Gary UK
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Engine Reply with quote

Chris

Where are you in the UK and how much do you want for it(what condition mileage etc......)
Evs
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary

All the information you could possibly need can be found in the origional post at the top of this page. I know it looks like quite a lot of rambling on, but it does give you pretty much everything you could want to know about the car! The pictures from this link should give you a pretty good idea of its condition.
http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/795385
I'd only want £150 for it.
Feel free to ask if you need to know anything else!
baiones
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this 33 still for sell?

Baiones

ALFA ROMEO 33 1.5 QV
ALFA ROMEO 33 1.7 QV
ALFA ROMEO 33 s16 QV
ALFA ROMEO Sprint 1.3
ALFA ROMEO 156 SW "Train Edition" ( it's a JTD... )
Evs
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure is!
Feel free to PM me if you want to speak!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum