Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Aussie Permanent 4's ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Australia & New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joehorvath
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Aussie Permanent 4's ? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the 16v Permanent 4's sold in Australia up to (1991 I think) are the same as those sold in the UK? Someone told me they were specially prepared for rallying as a possible challenge to the Subarus of the time. Is this Bullsh_t or can someone verify if this is the case. I saw a nice red one the other day which may be coming up for sale. Anyone who can shed light on this please reply. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They would be a shit rally car as they are really sluggish with a very thin power band. Rival to the Subarus of the time, you have to be kidding. Besides Lancia was the rally arm of the FIAT group.
joehorvath
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Permananent 4 Reply with quote

Yeah, I thought it sounded like crap at the time this guy was telling me about his car. Besides, didn't the extra drive shaft and associated components just add weight and make it even slower than a 1.7 injected twin cam boxer engined 33?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Australia & New Zealand All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: