Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Wanted Speedo Boxer 33 16V

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Australia & New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aldo
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: Wanted Speedo Boxer 33 16V Reply with quote

Hi
Can any one help with info where i can get a speedo or a replacement
circut board for my 1990 Boxer 16v.I have been told can only get new speedo from alfa as no parts available,for around $700 ,i have tried to have it repaired but have been told the processor has failed and cant get a replacement one.
would appreciate any help as very hard without a speedo
Regards
Aldo
[Brisbane]
Scott Sander
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$700 for a new one is about right. I bought a new (new old stock) one a couple of years ago. Give Brian Foley in Sydney a ring.

The problem I saw with getting a 2nd hand one is that there is no guarantee that it will be in any better condition compared to the original. But if you want to go down that route, try ASV in Sydney.

What the problem is, is that the motor wears out and then causes the electronics to kill themselves. So I suspect that just replacing the electronics won't solve your problem in the long term.
Lance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: instrument panel Reply with quote

Mate Do i have a deal for you... acctually 2.
I'm in brisbane as well. and have just bought a panel. 2nd hand for $140 i think that's the full pannel. It had to be calibrated and took it to the place behind alfa in the brisbane vally calibrated and repaired for $80.

Great... worked fine but with all the bouncing around. connections on the shonky circuit board are loose. send me Private message i'll give you my Phone number. I've got 2 pannels here one in the car and the old one which I rekon still works It was more than likely the connectors in the first place.

So give euro car parts a call 6/123 Muriel av Moorooka. ph 132 750 or talk to Gary Garske on 0416212159. he is the state manager..(good fella)
Lance
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Australia & New Zealand All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: