Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

alfa 33/sprint owners in perth western australia
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Australia & New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joey
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: alfa 33/sprint owners in perth western australia Reply with quote

hello,

i often come to this forum and i've always wondered how many people here live in the same city as me. i thought it'd be interesting to know so if we ever have issues with parts, events etc we can share info.

thanks - joey
Dnavey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

im from perth too..ive been looking at this forum since i bought my alfa 33 16v qv over 3 years ago

good to see that some people in perth have some taste and dont drive commodores or fords Razz
joey
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true. are you a member of the alfa club? how do you find local mechanics/part suppliers?
Dnavey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: :P Reply with quote

hey

umm parts i get from leo at cilleberti motors..hes usually got everything i need problem is they are a touch on the expensive side...hes a good mechanic and everything but hes not too sure when it comes to making the car a bit faster and all the modding stuff Sad

not many people in perth are any good with alfas...

nah im not with the club i should really get involved its just a matter of findin the time :/

what model 33 u have ?
tone
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: i got a 33 in perth Reply with quote

hi
im in perth with my series one , red with a veloce front bumper and 16 v rear bumper and interior.
i see a few 33s now and again , only seen 2 16vs , a red one in scarboro and a white one at ceilibetis.
ton
Dnavey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: hey tone Reply with quote

the red one u talk about down scabs is more than likely mine because im there quite a bit Razz

and the white one is the mechanic's old car down there..
its for sale if your keen Smile

i bought mine off him

good to see some 33s around

Davide
joey
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, that's two people now.

i don't actually have a 33 [my brother has a 4x4 wagon but he's looking to get rid of it]. i have a 1987 sprint with a 16V engine installed. i live in the foothills and i'm not a member of the club yet. i'll be having the a re-spray in the next couple of months and then i might join up. i'm only interested in the track days etc though and perhaps the access to parts.

currently i take my car to tony lucente in bayswater - he's a great mechanic, honest and well-priced - especially when compared to ciliberti.

i actually have a fair few mechanical parts for the sprint/33 as well as parts for fiat 130, 124, 131 and various others.
tone
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
i should of bought the white 16v when it was for sale at ceilibertis , it belonged to leos son , so i guess it would have been faultless mechanically and had it had a really dark tint! but it sold the other week
, i also use ceilibertis for my maintenance and agree what you say about the modifying side of things , but ive got him to do some crazy things like install rear konis and my 40mm dellortos ( though i went back to 36 ers) , also some 1.7 pipes .
ive been going there for about 8 years now with the alfas i had 2 33s , a sud sprint , and my other current car a v6 75 and although a bit expensive , i dont think i could trust any other garage to work on my cars ,
not just because of the mechanical knowledge of alfas , but for the care they take and the friendly service!
although when i worked near bayswater , i broke down near lucentes , who was very helpfull ( tony i think?) he towed me back to his garage for nothing , drove me to the train station and lent me 20 dollars to get home , and offered to pick me up from the station when he fixed my car , which he had by the following morning ( installed a new water pump and belt !) now thats bloody good service , and it was cheap ! would definately use them again sometime !
also am a club member , 33s a bit modern for most of them ! ( and modyfyings a bit frowned on), although times are changing and they should have a good range of modern and older alfas at their shine and show which is coming up on the 25th at burswood, i may enter my 75 but bit too busy to get it to show readiness , may just take both 75 and 33 up for a quick visit ( and race my wife there for a bit of fun !) ,you two popping up for a look ?
joey
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tone,

now that i know that it's on i'll definitiely pop down for a look. i remember last years the standout for me was the giulietta convertible. absolutley beautiful. i assume the display starts at about 10am?

are there many cars that have been modified in the sports group of the club? the ones that enter the motokhanas etc? i've alwyas hesitated joining the club because i've always questioned how much i'd actually get from it. by that i mean i probably wouldn't be able to attend meetings and i'm more interested in the track-day side of things than anything else. i've also been hesitant because i didn't want to join while the body of my car was as rough as it is. this should, however, be remedied in the next eight weeks or so so it'll be a different story.

your story about lucente is pretty typical of the type of guy he is. he doesn't have any compunction in modifying for performance either since he's the turbo master. his 124s fly along.
tone
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: SORRY WRONG DATE ITS ON THE 26TH not sun /25th Reply with quote

hi
sorry to mislead you, Embarassed i was told this date but just read the club mag , just hope you find out , last year was on a sunday but this year on the public holiday monday the 26th ,
joey
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tone, no problem. i did go down on the sunday and when i noticed nothing was on i had a lovely picnic in the park with my wife and daughter.
phil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys I too have a 16v red 33 with 16' alloys. I too go to Leo's. I'have been thinking about selling my for a while as I need a station wagon for work. However, if you guys ever come across any second hand part please let me know.
joey
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

secondhand parts for a 16v in perth - probably got more chance of winning lotto.

good to hear from you though. i think i might have seen your car out and about.
tone
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
i spoke to you before phil when you were selling before i think , was bad timing for me as id just got the 75 .
if you selling again let me know , and the price , would be interested .
i know there is the left overs of a 16v that was cut and imported ( i got a few bits for my series one from it ) the member is in the alfa owners club , arron , who used it in the 16v in a sud . in the ad in the club magazine it says some parts still avliable but i dont know what parts , will dig it out
have a great weekend everyone
joey
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tone,

having gone to cluc motokhanas etc in the past would you be able to shed any light on how the 33s and sprints perform against the other alfas? i know a lot of it comes down to the driver but i'm interested nonetheless.

also, i keep visiting the club's website to check upcoming events but it looks like noone is updating it anymore.
phil

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tone

Do you have a e-mail adress i can contact you.
Phil
Phil

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tone wrote:
hi
i spoke to you before phil when you were selling before i think , was bad timing for me as id just got the 75 .
if you selling again let me know , and the price , would be interested .
i know there is the left overs of a 16v that was cut and imported ( i got a few bits for my series one from it ) the member is in the alfa owners club , arron , who used it in the 16v in a sud . in the ad in the club magazine it says some parts still avliable but i dont know what parts , will dig it out
have a great weekend everyone

Tone do have arron's phone no.
tone
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

il look for the alfa club mag and give the # when you email
my email ; tonytone2000hotmail.com
LabRat
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Tony Lucente Reply with quote

Tony's a great bloke, my dad's one of his great mates, helped with the turbo setup on tony's 124 racecar. take's great pride in his work, and he's one of the places to see for second hand parts for the 33's, considering he's got a few of them sitting around for parts.

when my clutch and gear box shat itself, into the workshop wednesday arvo, driving around again by friday with a box built up from 3 others, with new second gear and synchros.

we also got my car from someone he knew ( 1.7 8v 1989 33 )

cheers

LabRat
philk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lab rat - how's it going which Tony are you refering to with the spare parts.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Lucente - Lucente Motors in bayswater... he should be able to help, or maybe i'm just lucky, lol.
mark
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I also live in Perth and have a series 1 that i use in hillclimbs, sprints and autokhana's. It's had a few things done to it. On the racetrack it can keep up with the 2 litre alfa's so it goes reasonably well.

mark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is yours the one at the tyre place in bayswater?
joey- perth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know where the alfa club's motokhana will be held on september 16? the website isn't very helpful and i'd like to go watch.

thanks.
phil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Joey- I've been looking for it too. Pls post it if u find it. See ya
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Australia & New Zealand All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: