Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Tuning chips Alfa romeo 33 16V: Squadra, Autodelta or Other?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fletcher
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Tuning chips Alfa romeo 33 16V: Squadra, Autodelta or Other? Reply with quote

Hi, just wondering if anyone could recommend which is the better performence chip for the 33 16V's: the Autodelta or the Squadra. I noticed that the Squadra is slightly cheaper, and both CLAIM similar results. Or if anyone else can recommend another brand it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Fletcher on Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
LDA
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a company in chester (or near there) that custom mapped a chip for me a few years back. i think they were called redline motorsport.
i cant remember exactly what it cost but it was more than the off the shelf chips. maybe £200?

we mapped the chip to take into account the mods the car had and i got 7bhp more than the off the shelf 'superchip' that they also sold. the torque was only a very little bit up as we had to work quite hard to gain back what the free flow exhaust took away. lesson learned there.

after the chip was installed i found the car a little better on very long up hill drags and the faster you drove the better the car seemed to behave.
the top end was up but i cant give accurate mph numbers as my spedo was waaay out but the end result was about 5mph more at the top on a flat bit of road.
the over 4000rpm performance was inproved too. the kick as you went past about 3800rpm was stronger than it was on the stock ecu.
the best part was that not only was my car slightly faster but it was using much less fuel than it had done before.
were were careful to keep the air/fuel ratio on the rich side to prevent any disasters at high rpm. but the car still used less fuel than the stock ecu.

hmm, well that didnt really answer your question but i hope it was interesting at least.

dont expect magic from these chips. there is very little real power gain form them but they do seem to make the car a bit more drivable.

good luck!

L.
Laki
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if this kind of chip would be possiblie to get in slovenia.....I dont tust this local do your self tuners here....If you get any more info on this please try to find out if we can get this in Slovenia.....Otherwise I am in Englad oncea month, but than this are working visits...
LDA
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they need your car to map the chip. they cant do it without. otherwise you just have to have an off the shelf chip.

L.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum