Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

PLEASE HELP Gearbox trouble.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Australia & New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt147GTA
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: PLEASE HELP Gearbox trouble. Reply with quote

I’m hoping that someone may be able to assist me with this. I currently own a Alfa 147 GTA with the selespeed gearbox and having trouble dealing with Alfa Australia. The car is 18 months old and has suffered with a differential problem (apparently the spider gears). The car has been back to the dealership, they then referred it back to Alfa Australia and they have come to me saying that this is not a warrantable item due to abusive driving.

I’m the 2nd owner of the car and have been since September last year and I know that I have not driven the car in a way that would cause a differential to break. I have heard Alfa’s have a common problem with gearboxes, is this true? Since I have owned the car I have had the constant problems with the selespeed and they have already replaced the unit once. They are claiming that the cost of repair is over $8000 .

Have anyone heard of this problem in the past and do you have any recommendations as to how I should approach this situation.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Matt
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt yes it is true 147 GTAs have problem with differential when abused.
Seen and heard of few here in Europe with same failure.

I don't know what is wrong with yours, but you should be able to mount Q2 torsen diff lock, http://www.ebspares.co.uk/news77.htm
Here are few pictures and links.
http://alfisti.hr/forum/index.php?topic=603.80
Whole topic
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/tuning-and-upgrades/65400-retrofitting-a-q2-to-an-existing-alfa.html
Mechanic says part is 10x times tougher then original part which likes to break. Hope info will be informative.
Here in similar cases when car is under warranty or few days over it, AR importers usualy agree to two situations depending on failure. You pay for part they pay labour or other way around when it is not yours fault and part is realy expensive they pay part and you pay labour.
aforalfa
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was gonna say about the q2 diff, everyone says a great mod, cheap as chips too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Australia & New Zealand All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: