Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Auto Italia Gaydon, 23 September???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich B
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Auto Italia Gaydon, 23 September??? Reply with quote

Anyone going? I'll be there, but sadly not in either of my 33s, I'll be in my 145 I'm afraid, but would be good to meet up with anyone else whos going.

Maybe see you there
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rich... the same place I met you last year???!?!?

Possibly!

Bob
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Rich... looks like I'll see you there!

Pm me your number this time.... It took me 15 hours to find you last year (or the year before, or whenever it was Laughing )

Should be another fun day!!!! Anyone else?

Bob
aforalfa
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there..........

the 33 wont tho, but will be in the 155.....
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great meeting of the 33s we'll be having then.... Rich in a 145, my GTV and afor in his 155 Laughing

Bob Cool
aforalfa
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

there were a few there last year tho, think it was Rich B i met....
paulhide
P4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be at Brands Hatch seeing what result Alfa can come up with this time in the WTCC.
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

afor,

I remember you having a look at that blokes broken (or very badly clogged) idle actuator on his 33. Rich... Whatever happened to him? He seemed really keen (just having bought his 33) and came on here a couple of times - then disappeared off the face of the earth!

Paul... Good for you! Very Happy

Bob
john 33_16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have liked to have come (and in the 33!), but the Mrs is away, and i'm left with my 3 year old son, and it's too far to take him unfortunately.

Quite like the museum there. Looking at all the British Leyland crap from the 70's and 80's makes you really glad to have an alfa!

Enjoy it Guys

John
08 Fiat Grande Punto Exotica Red
90 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis- Silky white/red/blue
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you come along John??? I'll be bringing my one year old!

Multimap says it's only 77 miles from you!!!!

See ya there then mate!

Bob
Rich B
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that's it bobbber, same event as last year when I met you and afor.

Don't know what happened to that chap with the 16v (Paul I think it was) - he lives about 4 miles from my parents and I'm often in that area but I've never seen the car again.

I'll pm you my number at some point bobbber

see anyone whos going on Sunday
john 33_16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobbber wrote:
Can't you come along John??? I'll be bringing my one year old!

Multimap says it's only 77 miles from you!!!!

See ya there then mate!

Bob

My arm is slightly twisted. I'm gonna seriously think about it, and if i come it will be in the 33.

Are you taking your 1 year old on your own? The risk i have is bad traffic on the way home, and the possibilty of Adam going 'into one'.

Please PM me your mobile number that you will have on the day, and if i decide to brave it, i'll give you a tinkle to meet up.

Cheers,

John
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John (more twisting of arm in here),

I will be coming with my 1 year old and my mate Andy (another Alfa owner). I guess I still have the advantage of him sleeping during 90% of car journeys.

On the return for the event, you need to pop into something called a "pub" with something called a "pub garden" (swings, slides etc...). That will knacker the little 'un out so he'll sleep for the remainder of the return journey. I've also heard that in such places they sell a nice drink called "beer". I suggest you try it. If this was in the middle of your journey - you could potentially split it up to two sprints of just over 30 miles.

You have to come anyway John - I've already bored Rich with endless tales of 33 nightmares.... and now it's your turn! Laughing

Serious now - be good to see ya, and yer 33. I've pm'd you my mobile number.

Edit : no I haven't... I thought I did - but then realised my mouse must be on the blink or something. Anyway, here's my Mobile No: 07958 728824.

Looks like you'll be the only one off here with a 33 on the day Confused unless Matt turns up!

Cheerz,

Bob Cool
Paul C
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not completely vanished Smile

My computer broke not long after I joined the forum - since then I've gone to post a couple of times but found the topic already expertly covered.

I've still got the 33 but it looks like I won't make it this time - shame, it would have been good to meet up again.

Paul
matt33
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really looking forward to it!,just recently got the 33 back from the garage with new mot,replacement gearbox,i even changed the oil and filter yesterday (mobil 1 0-40w full sync),spent hours making her shine like a good un..............And then this morning at 9am went to get into the car and noticed a very bad smell of petrol,looked underneath and eventually found the pipe going from the tank to the pump had split,,,,,,so i have spent nearly all day lying on the drive covered in petrol repairing it(and i filled the damn thing up the day before to save time the next day),really fiddly as well had to drop the tank to get to it,,,,,really disapointed i missed it..
Any good though???
john 33_16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt -shame you coudn't go.

There were plenty of interesting cars there including 2 33s, mine and the concours red S2 one ARO *F.

Met Bobbber, his mate and Rich (B?), nice to see you guys.

By the time we got there the weather had turned a bit crappo, but had good run there and back 160m round trip touching 100mph a few times on the A41 Very Happy

John
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - good to see you John, my headlights, badges and Rich again.

Pity about the spray job you did John.... we were looking at it and thinking how, if it hadn't crazed, it would have looked great with a bit of cutting compound! Guess you just rub it down below the crazing and refinish.

Must admit... I got a little jealous of all those young people (some looked 18!) owning and driving Lamobs Crying or Very sad - but after a quick spin in the GTV I realised it's a great car too and then felt better about myself! Laughing

We only hit 100mph once on the return journey john... but it lasted an hour! Laughing

Bob
john 33_16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobbber wrote:

Pity about the spray job you did John.... we were looking at it and thinking how, if it hadn't crazed, it would have looked great with a bit of cutting compound! Guess you just rub it down below the crazing and refinish.

Must admit... I got a little jealous of all those young people (some looked 18!) owning and driving Lamobs Crying or Very sad - but after a quick spin in the GTV I realised it's a great car too and then felt better about myself! Laughing

The paint crazing does upset me, and perhaps in the spring i'll do it all again. It was a rush job, and I think the celly primer went on too thick, and was still drying out under the acrylic base and laqueur. It was due a final cut and polish as it went crazy- Crying or Very sad

I have done some really good paint jobs in the past including the minari and red sud on www.alfisti.co.uk, 2 sprints, minis, and a volvo amazon that took about 10 litres of paint.

When you drive your (very nice) GTV, you can feel good about it as you probably worked hard to pay for it, and you understand and appreciate the workings. When you get your P4 on the road you will feel really good, having invested money, blood, sweat and tears.

Some of those lambo folk probably never even wash their cars, let alone put a spanner to those glorious v12s.

In the shop before Adam got stroppy, and i had to drag him out, there was a very well groomed looking couple sporting all the ferrari clothes and shades etc. I wanted to follow them hoping they got into an astra or something!!! Laughing

Cheers,

John
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's probably the last event of the year for me anyway.... it gets far too dark, and the chances of rain are too great - so I'm now hybernating! Laughing

Bob
Rich B
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you again Bobbber and good to meet your mate, and you John. Pity there weren't more of us there (and a pity both mine and Bobbbers 33s are off the road, maybe next time we'll all be in our mint freshly restored 33s!! or then again, maybe they'll still be in bits!!!!)

Bobbber - Alex has just got a lowish mileage 33 16v engine in stock plus P4 gearbox and rear axle and probably loads of other stuff if you're interested.

Hope everyone gets their cars sorted for next time

see you soon

Rich
PS I've got 2 busted 33s now - tried to start my sportwagon today and the bloody battery had gone flat -got the jump leads out, went to the shops about 10 miles away and it wouldn't start again when I wanted to come home, so had to ring a mate to come and rescue me!! The fun continues..................
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> UK All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: