Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Car still playing up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oggie
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Car still playing up. Reply with quote

Sad Any one out there using a 8v race engine with carbs and had a miss fire develop when warmed up.
Eddie_W
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing I've come across that was similar was a friends boat with an inboard 6 cylinder. Would start off fine but after 20-30 mins running would start to misfire. The owner was a man who maintained everything to the max and much was changed in search of the answer until a non mechanical friend mentioned he had seen a similar problem in a speedway midget and it had turned out to be the rotor arm earthing through the centre. After much rolling about and patronising remarks about "fools rush in etc" somebody suggested we try it . End of problem. I've since heard of others with a similar experience. For what it's worth try it, You might get a pleasant surprise. I might add that in the meticulous search for the problem the rotor arm had had close scrutiny and nothing was visible.
Regards Eddie
Oggie
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta for that ed, but the car has no rotor as is replaced with an omex ecu and coil pack, the car uses a lightened 16v flywheel for the trigger, I have replaced the fuel pump for a slightly less powerful one but the cars miss fire disapears after 3500rpm therfore I don't think its the problem. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: