Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Front cylinders hot, rear ones cold

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfistjen
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Front cylinders hot, rear ones cold Reply with quote

Hi to you all,

after being away from the forum for a while I'm back with a question. I had to stall my 33 1.7 IE for a while cause of some situations. I've put it away in a dry place, drove it there, no probs at all. But now after 4 months I got it back and it wouldn't start. Got it running by spraying some brake cleaner in the intake and there it went. But it only ran on the front two cylinders, with a huge loss of power offcourse. Front exhaust got hot, on the rear ones you could hold your hand. Cleaned the distributor, all four sparkplugs got sparks. Only thing I could think of is that the rear injectors got blocked, but seamed very strange to me.
Anyone any advice? I love the sound of ANY boxer, but don't really like my 4cyl 33 sound like a 2CV... (and accelerating like one)

Regards!

Paul D.
Jas
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: weird Reply with quote

I guess you need a spark, fuel and compression. You say you have a spark. Perhaps pull the plugs from the cylinders that aren't firing and see if they're wet/smell like petrol. Do a compression test.
Seems kinda weird to have just the rear out. Doesn't sound like anything too bad. Sounds like fuel to me. Was it running really well before you parked it up, or was something up.
All sorts of odd things happen for no apparent reason when a car is parked for a long time. I bought an 86 300E mercedes in the states with 57,000 miles on the clock (very little for california). I bought it at auction so I didn't know too much history. everthing died within a year - fuel pump, alternator, valve seals, discs, calipers blah blah. I figure it was off the road maybe 10 years though.
How long was yours parked up for?
Gary UK
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try giving the injectors a tap with a hammer. Keep tapping them as you crank it over.
ChrisC
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: hdfhfd Reply with quote

put a screwdriver in contact with the injectors when the engine is running. if they are clicking great, if not - thats a place to start.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum