Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Oscaro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RFlower
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Oscaro Reply with quote

Hi,
A warning to any readers considering purchasing from French online parts supplier OSCARO.

At the end of May I ordered a very expensive top end gasket set for my Imola from them, intending to use it when I obtained other replacement parts for the job.

The set I received is a different brand from what I ordered, presumably because the one ordered was out of stock, but as it was marked "Alfa 33 1351cc 1971 on" I assumed it was correct. Although I could see it contained tappet cover gaskets for non injection cars I could not see all the gaskets. I thought that the couple of extra gaskets (inlet manifold and "O" rings for the camshaft covers) would be in there.

I didn't get the other parts until late July. When I started the work and looked more closely at the gasket set I found it was for carburettor models only.

I explained this to Oscaro, but they refuse to accept any returns over 15 days after receipt, and in any case not if the packet has been opened and resealed. It is impossible to see all the gaskets without opening the packet.

I compare this with a similar problem with a gasket set purchased for my 1.7ie well over a year ago from a UK supplier (on eBay), at a third of the price (1.3ie set does not seem to be available in UK). I contacted them recently when I opened and checked the set, and they immediately offered to make up the missing gaskets for me from samples which I have sent them.

Oscaro made a mistake in cross referencing the set I ordered, but in spite of this they refuse to consider any exchange or supply of the missing gaskets.

So, if you do buy anything from OSCARO check it very carefully, and if in any doubt, send it back.
Dick Flower, Nr. Carcassonne. '94 Trofeo 1.4 ie (F), '93 Imola 1.3/1.4 ie (now for breaking) (F), '91 1.7 ie (GB)(spare car), '86 Sprint 1.5 QV (F). '87 VW Syncro camper (F), '73 NSU Ro80 (F), '99 Fiat Seicento (F)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Mainland Europe All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: