Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

16v 33 vs manual mitsi fto

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigAl
P4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: 16v 33 vs manual mitsi fto Reply with quote

It has been suggested by the owner of the non alfa that his car would perform better round corners, one could say a challenge has been thrown down.
Comments please, all welcome Smile

It has been decided that myself and my friend, who is his friend, will do a track day and the Mitsi owner will bring a friend, so we can share the costs and let them drive our cars. I suppose the easiest way to put it to the test would be to take it in turns to lead and see if the follower can keep up lol.
I will be running my 16" momo arrows on 195 40 16 Toyo Proxy T1R's all round then hopefully lol

The owner of the Mitsi also owns a turbo smart car, my friend was a passenger in it as they set off. My car was cold so i didn't take it about 2.5 - 3k. As he set off, turning right out of the drive, he gunned it, there is a short straight, followed by a slight left, then a long straight, then a 100degree right, at this point i nearly cought him up, followed by another short straight, i was now on his tail, then a 100degree left, where i actually turned in too early so i was on the dirt.
The next day my friend told me that he knew what i was going to do, as he knows i dont thrash my car when cold. He said that his mate said "Fook me that thing goes quick round corners" to which he said "I told you" his friend then tried to go faster round the last left, where my friend said "I nearly shat myself, I was holding onto the grab rail, thinking im gonna die, the thing was fighting for grip and was nearly on two wheels, would grip again and then almost lift again.

I am looking forward to the trackday Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Car Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: