Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

New exhaust parts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeremyC
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: New exhaust parts Reply with quote

Are you sitting comfortably? I'll begin...

When I needed to change the exhaust on my car a couple of years ago I bought an exhaust from a company on ebay. When it arrived the hanger brackets on the cat pipes were welded on the wrong way up and the back box was a series two /series 3 8v one (I believe). I sent them back and got exactly the same back again!!! At this point I needed to get the car back on the road so I went and threw loads of money at Longlife.

The supplier were meant to come and pick the bits up but never did and I never got my refund and then the bits got forgotten about. Annoying but I've moved on and now I'd just like to find homes for the bits and get some of my money back.

So I have:

One unused series three cat section. Now sold, thanks Alex Smile

One unused rear box that I believe to be suitable for series 2 or series 3 8v. This has to be a serious bargain at £30 plus the cost of posting.

This rear silencer is manufactured by Asso in Italy and is their part number 02-7028. Internal diameter of the input pipe is around 44mm though it has slots to be clamped smaller of course. It looks designed to sleeve over whatever joins to it.

Last edited by JeremyC on Tue May 08, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
eagle3
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

16V exhausts are 50mm compared to 42(I think) for the 8V.

Rear box is the same for series 2 and series three 8 valvers I'm pretty sure.

As I have an 8v series 3 1.3 with cat(cheapo - probably similar to that one, at least the hooks were the right way round) I may be interested in them both but I'm in France so might be a bit tricky. Very Happy Although I have family in Dorset so could be possible.

Do you actually need a cat for that? I thought the cat regs only came into force for vehicles registered in '94 or later. That is the case in France anyway. You do still need the lambda fitted mind. Mine's '94 so I have to have a cat.

If you could do a photo of the cat that would be handy as I'm not sure it's OK for mine. EDIT Mine's like this http://alfaimola.free.fr/technique/echappement/1300ie/index.html
JeremyC
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the top with updates and some pictures.
JeremyC
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back box now on ebay, item 120938280909.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: