Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Help needed! 33 damaged in storm.....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
driver33p4
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Help needed! 33 damaged in storm..... Reply with quote

While I was on holiday my trailer took off in the hurricane winds and hit my wife's M-reg 16V Sportwagon. The dents I can live with for a while but unfortunately the tailgate opened and the wind tore off the gas struts and wrapped it forward over the roof!

Unfortunately the MoT had run out before in November and as I needed to do a bit of work to get a new one (only one brake pipe still to do) I stuck it on a SORN and left the insurance off for a while! So I can't even claim against the insurance - mind you they would probably have written it off given the value of 33s these days.

I am desperately in need of a pair of struts complete with the mounting lugs where they attach to the body and a pair of tailgate hinges.

If anyone can help please let me know. If I can't get this sorted quickly I will have to scrap it.

David
LDA
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear that david, i cant help with parts but chuck a tarp' over it to stop it rusting and hang on till you find the spares you need.

good luck.

L.
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Insurance Reply with quote

As it was parked outside your house (??) why not claim for repairs under your house contents scheme. You may be covered, as no other policy is in force over the car, and house contents usually coveres stuff outside your house too.

Might be worth a phonecall....

Matt

Ex Alfa 33 'GTA' (P4 with Knobs On)
Now cruising in a 166 3.2 Ti!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum