Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Raing Alfa 33s (in Australia)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John H

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Raing Alfa 33s (in Australia) Reply with quote

Hi,
I have 2 33s - both 1.7, bu ton e is twin carb and the othe is FI. They have (respectively ( about 340k and 200k Kms on the clock). If I just wnat to have a bit of fun, what do I need to do o go racing (or any other "go fast type" competition? Thanks for your comments. Regard,
John H

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends what type of racing you want to do. you can enter a stock-standard car in motorkhanas if you'd like. racing in events at registered tracks would be a different story though. these events would more than likely require you to be CAMS registered and have your car meet tyhe relevant regulations (possibly fitr roll cage et al).
sud 35
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

Go to http://www.alfaclubnsw.org.au/ and click on "competition", then on "how to get started", then look at "supersprinting for dummies part 1&2".

It's a great start anyway. Your car doesn't have to be registered (that means a trailer), and can be as stock as when it left the showroom. As long as it passes a safety check in scrutineering, you're off and racing!

If you're in Sydney, come along and have a look at the next supersprint (dates etc are on the website)

Thanks.
Jason.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: