Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

conrods

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: conrods Reply with quote

Hi!

Can anyone post me a picture or explain me the conrods orientation? I've looked in the workshop manual but on some pictures they are turned one way and on the other pictures the other way. I think that the left bank(cil 2. and 4.) conrods are turned with big end caps facing upwards and the right bank(cil 1. and 3.) conrods turned with big end caps facing downwards, looking the engine from the flywheel side i a normal position. Is this correct?
And on 2 conrods i have a number 64 stamped on and on the other two 63. What are those numbers for?

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RFlower
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Alfa 33 manual (dated 1984, but I don't think engine layout has changed since then) says to fit the pistons with the arrows on the crowns pointing in the direction of crankshaft rotation, and to fit the con rods so that the identification number can be read.
The picture shows all the big end caps pointing down.
I don't think you could tighten the bolts if any caps were pointing up?
Dick Flower, Nr. Carcassonne. '94 Trofeo 1.4 ie (F), '93 Imola 1.3/1.4 ie (now for breaking) (F), '91 1.7 ie (GB)(spare car), '86 Sprint 1.5 QV (F). '87 VW Syncro camper (F), '73 NSU Ro80 (F), '99 Fiat Seicento (F)
neo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've assembled the engine that way in the end. I was confused with that picture in the manual where you can see the engine in exploded view. In that picture the left bank cilinders have the conrods rotated with the big end caps facing upwards.

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: