Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Timing belts

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Timing belts Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Just a few questions about timing belts.
In my neverending quest to get cheaper but not nasty parts, i need some info on timing belts and the tensioning wheels for my 33 p4.
I'm in Melbourne Australia and as any other locals will know, there are a few place here where you can get parts but they are pretty expensive.
Not being a mechanic myself i feel obliged to go to these places. If i went to a Repco store or a Supercheap Auto is there a part number or specific details i can quote so that they know what i'm talking about or order it in. Should i even bother? Where do other people go? If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.
while i'm asking, can i get the same info on oil filters. at the moment i'm being charged $20 for a UFI Filter.
Thanks in advace guys

Bill Melbourne
Vecchio Alfisti
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Timing Belts Reply with quote

Hi Bill
Do not waste your time with Repco or Supercheap or any of the other supermarket type sources in Melbourne because they will not have stock and will have to order for you and you will pay the loaded price. The Spare Place in Adelaide www.thespareplace.com.au sold me two belts for my 33 for only 1 dollar more than I was quoted in Melbourne for one belt. They are very good, cheap, responsive, have stock and give advice especially about after market parts. The belts on the P4 are a different length from the 8 valve 33s I think so make sure you give the correct description.

Dsiclaimer: I have no connection with this company but I have had good service from them.
John

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P4 engine is the standard 16V engine, so no need to ask for "P4 timing belts"
evanbottcher
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you also compare the prices you get with Turin Imports http://www.turinimports.com.au/. I've ordered various bits from there and they are very reasonably priced and knowledgable to make sure you get the right bits. Make sure you email them as they do a discount that way.

Disclaimer as per John's.

cheers,
Evan.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: