Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

alignment

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete nz 1.5 s2
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 1:29 am    Post subject: alignment Reply with quote

hi all, my 33 has prematurily worn out its front left hand tyre-- from outside to inside. the right tyre has worn perfectly even. the car pulls ever so slightly to the left under exceleration. Am i looking at a wheel alignment or some thing more serious.
please any advice / experiences with wheel alignment appreciated.
Will get a wheel alignment soon , buy new tyres; annoying when one wears out before the other . i like to replace in 2s .

is it true that the 33 has only suspension height checks and tow out/in ajustments. any info please
regard pete nz
ricardo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: STRUT BEARINGS Reply with quote

hi pete ...well yes it can be your toe settings
can also be shagged shocks , allowing the car to lift the nose on trottle ?(beware parked cars and pedesrians) then drops again when you lift off (lookout oncoming cars)...
also your strut tower bearings will be no doubt stuffed,, the live under the spring base..this can cause the springs to pull on the steering...
give us a bell if you need a hand
cheers ricardo
wellington

alfatrofeo blog and interesting stuff .... unofficial ....
http://alfatrofeo.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ricardo, ive checked the suspension- to much bounce on worn tyre side. stuffed shockabsorber as you suggest.

please recommend course of action, needs 2 new shocks i suspect. I cant justify spending lots on this car but would dearly like to keep it going . Has been 200 plus kms , only smokes at first morning start up (valve guides) otherwise runs very well. I use pennzoil 10/40 semi sythetic with good results

i have managed this far by performing maintanence myself, feel replacing shock absorbers may be out of my league, but would attempt with guidance . have never dealt with them and dont have special tools.

hope you can allay my anxiety
regard pete
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: