Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

I have a dream...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Horizontally Opposed
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: I have a dream... Reply with quote

We're having our 33 (well, half of it actually) resprayed these days and I've been spending a lot of quality time fixing small things here and there.

The car is still not in very good shape unfortunately but I think of my work as a long-term restoration project. A friend let us take many spare parts from his crashed 33 since he only needed the engine and I finally got a nice working roof clock, a pretty Quadrifoglio Verde badge as well as an assortment of other goodies Smile

I have been trying to restore the car to its former glory for a long time but my time, money and knowledge are very limited and unfortunately it still doesn't drive very good. The past few days I've been spending even more time worrying about it than I usually do and last night I had this wonderful dream (or should I say... revelation?):

I dreamt I was inside a big Alfa factory that was making only 33s! I was walking along a production line, seeing nice new spare parts everywhere! I was picking up headlights and fuel pumps from rolling lines, windshields where hanging from the ceiling and mechanical arms where glueing Permanent4 badges on the back of shiny series 3s! Strange machines were shaking cars testing suspension effectiveness and huge robots were spraying exotic colours on carbon-fiber hoods!!

Needless to say, I woke up this morning feeling strangely refreshed Smile

The dream seemed to continue while I was brushing my teeth and I was thinking how nice it would be if all of us die-hard fans in this forum, had the means to start production of the 33 all over again, but this time improving it with the experience (your experience that is) of over 20 years and the technology of today.

How nice it would be if Alfa could grant us the old 33 production line (which I'm sure didn't include great big mecha and space technology...) to do whatever we please with it!

The new 33 would be free of suspension problems, it would have super-reliable electronics and

the interior would last centuries even underwater! There would be a rear-wheel version as well and the P4 would come with a central LSD as standard!

Of course we would keep the car cheap and lightweight without on-board trip computers, LCDs, a

zillion airbags and 50speaker surround-sound BOSE soundsystems (although they would be available as optional equipment).

We would build new injection and engine management hardware that would use USB flash drives to store the injection maps and even bundle software with each car so that anyone could alter them (a "restore from backup" button would be present on the steering wheel just to be sure Very Happy )!

I don't have to mention that there would be GTA versions with 3-litre (or more) UNIAIR Boxer engines (and knobs on Very Happy ) and quadrilateral front suspension (I still can't find any info on it but the name sounds super cool and that makes it good).

Ronal A1 and Speedline (the ones with the holes near the tyre) alloys would be put back in production as well but this time made of super light, super strong materials not found on Earth.

Of course recaro interiors and Cuore Sportivo badges would be standard for all cars and a flux capacitor would be included in the more expensive versions!

If you weren't impressed with the 159 (I know I wasn't) don't worry:
The Series 4 33 is on its way!!! (and it won't be named the 36)

I think I'll go see what I can do with my dashboard switches now...
gritsop
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pleased to hear people sharing the same kind of "relevation"...
Thank God that I 'm not the only one because I am having doubts about myself and my hobby Laughing

However these things can only happen in dreams and not in reality any more.

And I am too pleased to have my 33 with this specific unpredictable character ... that 's the point of a lively car like Alfas are.

Go on dreaming ... this will give you the energy to restore your 33 to the point you have bet with yourself.

And by the way we are here to help you as much as possible.

Regards,

http://www.alfa-restoration.co.uk
Parts Shop: www.alfa-restoration.co.uk/shop
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's amazing HO. Only a few days ago I posted this http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=41844&page=4

Think I'd had a little to drink there - and went a bit mad. Yes - I too love the 33 - I'd be happy to help you reproduce them!

Bob
the_angel
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up for helping in that reprodution of 33's! Though I must say I would like to keep the webers on it, screw fuel injection!

But power steering would be a must. And there would be an option to have it come pink off the production line (that is my ultimate dream - a factory pink car!)
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! My Alfa has gone Pink!!!! Want it?! Laughing
James Granger
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

33s do up reasonably well (as with all Alfas). It's just a question of time. Good luck with the restoration!
gritsop
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

HO, if possible take some photos before and after the respay and of possible repairs that are made to the car. It would be interesting to see the final work done.

Good luck with it.

Regards,

http://www.alfa-restoration.co.uk
Parts Shop: www.alfa-restoration.co.uk/shop
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum