Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

sender units?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RBL
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: sender units? Reply with quote

On my 1989 1.7 8V there are two sender switches for oil. Am I right in saying that the one fitted into the crankcase rear cover (next to the oil filter) is the oil temp switch and the larger cylindrical one (screwed into the top centre at the rear of the engine block) is for oil pressure? These seem to differ from one car to the next, and are missing on some cars. Are they interchagable and are they both needed? My local Alfa dealer can't find the pressure switch on his system.

Same question for water temp sender switches! There's seems to be 2 on my engine - one screwed to the top corner of a cylinder head and one screwed into an inlet manifold - do they do the same job and can I get away without one of them?

Thanks, I'm fitting new anciliaries after a full engine rebuild so don't have all the original connections for verification.

Thanks, Richard
RBL
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone any ideas?
Matt C
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oil sender units.
Sender unit near oil filter is simply a warning indicator for the instrument cluster.
The oil pressure sender unit is only found on 33's with a oil pressure gauge maybe?

Coolant sender units
Sender unit on the head is for the Warning lamp indicator on the instrument cluster.
The other is obviously for your Temp Gauge.

If your engine was an IE there would be another coolant temp sender for the ECU.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: