Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Synco Gone

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Synco Gone Reply with quote

Hi all

My synco has gone in my alfa 145 QV in 3rd gear. So i need to get it replaced. How much does it normaly cost to get this done? as im a Computer geek i will not be able to do this Sad the last time i got a spanner out was to change my rad and this took my 3 hours to do Sad So is it worth getting a second hand box for my car or to get a new one or to get it recond?

Many thanks

James

I would have done but i could not see any nice ones, so on the end i went for a 145 QV. Very happy with it Very Happy

But still looking for a nice cheep 33 cloverleaf.
james
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone???

I would have done but i could not see any nice ones, so on the end i went for a 145 QV. Very happy with it Very Happy

Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The amount of work to take the box out in both situation will be the same. Personally I would get the existing box repaired unless you are very sure of the condition of the replacement gearbox.

Not sure of the cost on a 145. For a 33 I was quoted around £220 for replacing 2nd gear synchro the last time I asked.

All the best

Keith
James Granger
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Just drive Reply with quote

Just learn how to drive without syncro. It will only make the QV experience more enjoyable!

By the way, did you know the previous owner?
james
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i know about the car is that is has done 96K miles 93K when i got it. 6 weeks ago. 2 owners, the 1st one was a leaseing company and covered 40K miles in the 1st 18 months, the 2nd owner was a ladie, When i pickewd that car up she was in tires and didn't realy want to seel it. But sence i have had that car i haev put a new Rab and themostat and fan switch in, costing £130 and i fitted them. After one week of having the car the back box of the exhaust system fell off, due to rust. and last night i was driving down a country road and and van wouldn't move over so i went near the grass verge and hit a drain. Now i have to get a nd new frount tyre and get the wheel referbed Twisted Evil and in 180 miles i need to have a full service done. So i have't had much luck with my alfa. But thats the joys off owning an alfa.

I have been trying to double-de-clutch, but failing badly. But i will keep trying.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: