Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

The Shepherd & the Consultant

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian M
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: The Shepherd & the Consultant Reply with quote

A shepherd was herding his flock in a remote pasture when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced out of the dust cloud towards him. The driver, a young man in a Broni suit, Gucci shoes, Ray Ban sunglasses and YSL tie, leaned out the window and asked the shepherd, "If I tell you exactly how many sheep you have in your flock, will you give me one?"

The shepherd looked at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looked at his peacefully-grazing flock and calmly answered, "Sure." The yuppie parked his car, whipped out his notebook and connected it to a cell phone, then he surfed to a NASA page on the Internet where he called up a surveillance satellite system, scanned the area, and then opened up a database and an Excel spreadsheet with complex formulas. He sent an email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, received a response.

Finally, he prints out a 150 page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized printer then turns to the shepherd and says, "You have exactly 1586 sheep." "That is correct; take one of the sheep." said the shepherd. He watches the young man select one of the animals and bundle it into his car.

Then the shepherd says: " If I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my sheep?" "OK, why not." answered the young man.

"Clearly, you are a consultant." said the shepherd. "That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answers the shepherd. "You turned up here although nobody called you. You want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked, and you don't know anything about my business. Now give me back my dog."
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The Shepherd & the Consultant Reply with quote

Hi Ian

i liked that one alot outstanding!!!!

all the best john

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1990 S2 16v veloce sleeping!
2002 ts gtv the wifes now
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Jokes & Funnies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: