Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

alfa 33 1.5 Amica For Sale

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovemyalfa
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject: alfa 33 1.5 Amica For Sale Reply with quote

Due to shortage of space and too many vehicles I am forced to sell my Pride and joy!
It is 1990 (G Reg) White 5 Door Hatch Mot until November this year No Tax, But I can tax if I get close to asking price!

£575 OVNO

Contact for further Details

Deb Sad
bw
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planning to agree a sale over the phone on this one and then sell it to someone else an hour later? Why break with tradition Rolling Eyes

http://www.alfa-pages.co.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=186&highlight=

Not that I'm bitter - got a P4 instead now Twisted Evil[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Not Bitter! Reply with quote

Don't Care what you think I got double what you offered! No Deposit No Hold! And Yes if someone offered me £500 over the phone then 10 mins later I was offered £600 Id do it again! Like U say why break tradition! Laughing
bw
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, I understand why you did it but a) we agreed a sale over the phone - IMO this is technically a verbal contract b) I then arranged temporary insurance cover before you called back - hassle c) it's a moot point, but that car was definitely not worth £350, but if there's someone happy to pay that for it, good luck to em Shocked

Still, it turned out for the best anyway as we now have a genuinely good condition 33 Cool
Havin a larf!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Bw v lovemyalfa Reply with quote

Bw you definatley sound bitter mate!
If I was in lovemyalfas shoes I would have done the same thing!

Rolling Eyes
bw
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: like, wotever Reply with quote

So you're saying you wouldn't even be a little bit hacked off if someone accepted your offer to buy their car, you started to arrange things like insurance and a lift to collect it, and then they backed out. I know my offer was low, but that's beside the point - lovemyalfa didn't have to accept it, I just said "give me a call if you can't sell it and I'll give you £200", it's not like I was saying the car was rubbish and lovemyalfa had to sell it to me at that price, mine was a sort of back-up offer in case the seller couldn't get rid. I don't want to start some kind of feud, but I'm hardly going to sit back and keep quiet when someone who messed me around turns up am I???!!! If I was that sort of person I'd presumably be on a Rover forum right now instead.
havin a larf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Ooooohhh Dear Reply with quote

Well mate I can see your point of veiw but I am sorry I am sticking with lovemyalfa on this one. I wouldn't take for granted anything unless I had at least paid a deposit' and had a receipt in my hand for the vehicle in question. I'd put it down to experience! if you where the person selling the car would you not have wanted the best price? At least they had the decency to tell you it had sold it would have been worse to have tuirned up and seen it was gone! Sorry mate I am at work finding this all very amusing, after reading your other posts I can't help but have a larf.. Very Happy

If you are not bitter why you still here! And anyway looking at lovemyalfa's messages I'd say he (sorry she) has been here a bit longer than you. dooped by a lass Embarassed
Scott Sander
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey a few months ago i saw a car, drove it, agreed on a price, paid a deposit and then get a call the next day saying he wanted more for it.

Nice huh?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: Everyone has there opinion's! Reply with quote

Look Bw I am sorry I let you down on the sale of the car.

Can we drop it now? I made more money you obviously got a car you are happy with.

Havin a Larf who ever you are I didn't set out to doop anyone, but thanks for your support anyway.

I managed to sell the white one woth out upsetting anyone.
bw
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havin a larf - I thinks maybe it is you who are intent on keeping this one going rather than me, not sure what it's got to do with you anyway, I'm glad you have nothing better to do at work Question Just thought I'd share my experience of this seller with the forum, don't see anything wrong with that, happens on eBay every day Very Happy

And as for lovemyalfa having been on the forum more, I'm not sure how you worked that one out matey, 19 posts v's 4 Confused

Final thought: ok, I should have left a deposit - it's all my fault - I have no reason to grumble apart from the fact that I'm a miserable bas**rd. I would have done the same thing in lovemyalfa's shoes.

The end (or is it?).
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: