Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Alfa Mito

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Alfa Mito Reply with quote

Hi

I had a quick test drive in a Mito last night.

Firstly, it was a diseasal which was a bit of a downer, and didn't seem that quick (the 1.6 diseasal is meant to be fairly powerful, but it didn't have much umph really at all). Fair amount of mid range poke but nothing up top. And it had a 6 speed gearbox (not really needed if you don't have a narrow power band) although the gear change was good.

Seats were comfy. Fair amount of front space. Boot is acceptable (sure a lip into the boot, but used to that with the 33).

Rear visability was not great, but then nor is a P4.

Steering was nice enough. Didn't really have a chance to try the handling. Can't say the DNA switch had any great effect.

Clocks were nice. Dashboard has a fake carbon fibre effect. Which actually looks not bad (a lot better than it sounds), but bit concerned about how well it would last.

Doors are long which might make getting out in a tight parking space difficult.

Would like to take one of the petrol ones out for a spin and find what they are like without a type of engine suitable for tractors and cement mixers.

All the best

Keith
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith... the doors on my GTV were great big beautiful things... but when opening them they kinda stretched out 12 feet! Laughing

Parking really became a problem.

Is there a GTA MiTo?

Bob
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

There is said to be a GTA Mito coming along with a 1.8 230hp engine. Whether that is true or someons wishful thinking is another question.

All the best

Keith
john 33_16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Alfa Mito Reply with quote

Admin wrote:

Dashboard has a fake carbon fibre effect. Which actually looks not bad (a lot better than it sounds), but bit concerned about how well it would last.

Hi, the Mito is kinda a Punto isn't it? My Punto has the carbon fibre effect dash, which as Keith says sounds terrible. It is actually quite nice in a strange way, certainly much better than the fake brushed alluminium in my brothers Mini Coopper S.

Admin wrote:

Doors are long which might make getting out in a tight parking space difficult.

They are long on the Punto and it can be a bit of a limbo to get out.

Admin wrote:

find what they are like without a type of engine suitable for tractors and cement mixers.

Couldn't agree more. There is no place for a diesel engine in any car, especially in an Alfa IMO Evil or Very Mad

I think the hot Mito at the mo' has the 1.4 turbo punto/500 abarth lump Question Apparantly there is still talk of the 500 getting a hot ferrari designed twin cylinder with clever valves at some point.

John
08 Fiat Grande Punto Exotica Red
90 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis- Silky white/red/blue
1.5_iE
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a go in a Mito this afternoon too. It was a 155bhp Veloce and it was lurrrvly, really great drive and very very quick. Its the Abarth Grande Punto engine but with a better map, much more docile until you need it at which point it truly flies.

I want to change my Punto soon and I drove the Abarth and didnt like it, but the Mito is fab, trouble is my spec is about 18k!! Shocked But im pretty sure its worth it, my only issue is the electric steering, much better in Dynamic mode on the DNA but still not as nice as a proper hydraulic system. There was a little torque steer but the ride was superb and it cornered flat and smooth. All in all a much better atempt on the Fiat/GM platform than either Fiat or GM managed!
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7839542.stm
Oggie
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been working for Fiat UK today , setting up their dealer show, got a good look at the ferrari gt, maser gt, alfa 159, mito, and the entire fiat range including the 500 arbarth, all of which were very nice. Never bought a brand new car myself, I think owning a 20 year old car says something about a person let alone we are better for the planet. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Car Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: