Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

What controls the Dash lights to switch off after ignition?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrian (melb)
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: What controls the Dash lights to switch off after ignition? Reply with quote

Hi as the heading states. My dash lights are not turning off after ignition. Sometimes and only when i leave the car overnight do they function correctly. The lights are the petrol warning, temp warning, brake and also the alfa control will not switch from green(all systems good) to off. Anyone have any suggestions.
Gary UK
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that if you turn the engine off and back on again whilst the car is in gear and moving the lights stay lit until you stop and restart the engine. Hope this helps.

Sounds like it could be a sticking relay. I don't know which relay is responsible for this but you could try removing them all one by one cleaning the contacts and giving them a spray with wd-40 and give them a light tap to see if it frees anything up. It may be the one of the relays (red & black) that are not on the fuse board but just under the windscreen. Go to a scrap yard and nick all the relays for a similar 33 and replace 1 by 1.
Adrian (melb)
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know about the ignition thing. I tried swapping the red and black relay near the windscrren but to no avail. Ill have to attempt swapping the relays near the fuse box. It is so odd. It functions correctly if i havent started the car for more than about 5 hours.
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....

I had no idea the alfa control went to green (mine never has!)

Should it????

Rob
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: