Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Time for a sydney alfa cruise?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Australia & New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errol
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Time for a sydney alfa cruise? Reply with quote

Hey everyone in sydney, i think its time we got together for a syndey alfa cruise. Ive seen other car clubs like DTM ( anyone know it ) which im on, and because they are bmws and have stickers on their cars saying dtmpower.net they all think their so cool. BUT, i think its time we got together as alfas and show everyone what cars really are. So many people have no idea about alfas and think a 33 is shit because it has 95kw, which pisses me off! Those people are so stupid! No idea what power to weight is. Anyway , sometime soon we should get together?
Any ideas? Very Happy
Falken 195 low profile
K&N Pod filter
Cannon 2inch exhaust from cat-back with 3inch tip.
Hamish Brown
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Alfa Cruze Reply with quote

Sounds like a plan Errol, as long as we drive somewhere out in the open with nice wynding roads it,s just that i hate sitting in traffic and my alfa agrees with me(she gets hot and pissed off) like the driver, Be alright on a long weekend incase people have to travel some distance to get to Sydney, could have a feed somewhere for lunch or tea. And we could put stickers on our cars saying " IF YOU DONT LIKE ALFAS THEN EMAIL US AT WWW.GOFU*KYOURSELF.COM.AU" or something for those BMW dudes what ya recon Errol. Laughing
Errol
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIGHT ON! Very Happy Those bloody bmw's think there so hot but they dont what alfas are about. Just remeber alfas are the apprentice to a ferrari. By the way hamish, when you went to sydney to get those brakes, did you see the GTV6 next door? OMG ! That car is so hot! i spoke to the guy who owned, and the engine alone is worth $50,000. He was telling me that thing shits on a ferrari F355 in a straight line and corners. Now thats what i want! Oh by the way, just to let you guys know im only on my red p's ( which means im 17 ) so cant do any crazy stuff on a cruise. Laughing
But seriously we need to get one going! Show everyone else what we are ! Twisted Evil
Falken 195 low profile
K&N Pod filter
Alfa33_2ENVY
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Time for a sydney alfa cruise? Reply with quote

Hey to all,

riGHT ON alFA'S RULE and we need show al thoes bmws what a mans car is and thats a alfa. i currently own a showcar 33 which is all hotted up to the MAXand i bet my alfa along with all other alfa's provide more class and sports than a bema

ciao vince.

for pics just email me
Errol
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously suggest we get something organised. I think this is what alfa's need. Cmon put in your thoughts you sydneysiders!
Falken 195 low profile
K&N Pod filter
Alfa33_2ENVY
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do u say we meet up at a known car hangout somewhere and who shows up shows up and who dosn't its there loss. well cruise to some place stop eat/talk admire the man made beasts (alfa's) and then depart only to come back and do it again someday soon Smile
Errol
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok any suggestions? I say we stay clear of the rocks as ive had bad expieriences with that area. Hmmm....how we meet at homebush and go from there? Cmon everyone lets do this! Not enough people are showing interest! Evil or Very Mad Ill leave my number if anyone wants to call or msg me
Errol 0410439499
Falken 195 low profile
K&N Pod filter
sudman
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic of BMWs, two of my mates own 'em, ones an E30 325i sedan and the others a E30 M325i coupe. I've raced both of them and managed to beat them..... all from a Sud with 'only' 120hp.....

Well, good luck organising your cruise,

Richard
Errol
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy s***! I cant beat a 155hp astra 2.2. And i got 137hp. Unless they're cars are running like crap, or your gearbox is near perfect. They would have more torque and eat you in the long run. Especially the 2.5 Unless your car weighs under 850kg lol.
Falken 195 low profile
K&N Pod filter
sudman
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not kidding! The 1.7 8v carb motor has more torque doesn't it? And the Sud weighs near on 900kg, plus as you said the gearbox is in top shape. I've driven both of the BMWs and they just dont seem to have the low down punch - much taller gear ratios, and yeah, they get away from me on a long straight - until the twisty bits!
james
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry just thought you might find this funny, i have found this one another forum users sig.

"If all the cars in the world were lined up end to end, there would still be a tosser in a red BMW trying to overtake it."

made me giggle Very Happy

I would have done but i could not see any nice ones, so on the end i went for a 145 QV. Very happy with it Very Happy

But still looking for a nice cheep 33 cloverleaf.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Australia & New Zealand All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: