Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

For Sale 16v series 3, Full Recaro,Great Engine,Box,Drive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
16V Shrew
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: For Sale 16v series 3, Full Recaro,Great Engine,Box,Drive Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

been a while, but i have aquired a car too many, so this one has to go!

as stated, it is a series 3 16v, none cat full power, 91J.

in very bright Rosso Red, and with my own Cloverleaf Recaro Interior now fitted, a very tidy car to be in.

Great engine, very quiet and quick, very good gearbox, no 2nd/3rd gear crunching, better than my own Cloverleaf!

Couple of niggles, broken wire on dipstick sensor, speedo drive is very optimistic, front fog are stone cracked, indicators don't self cancel, crack to bottom corner of screen has sent it milky, but has got no worse in 3 years.

Very pretty car, i have loads of pictures which i can email by request, or try this direct link

http://photobucket.com/alfaromeo33j659evh

Has escaped the usual metal worm hotspots, i.e. the front strut mounts, wing rails, firewall etc have been repeatedly waxoiled over the years, and are like new, but the worm has got to the front wing/sil meet points, and rear arch/sil meet points. Catchable now, or replace with new wing (£25) close up photo's availabe

A great car in general, far too good to break up, and drives really really well, so i will be putting fresh mot on it, which should be relatively painless.

With so few road going 16v's left, and this one driving so well, i really want this one to be saved, but if it doesn't sell, then at least i'll have a great gearbox for my own Cloverleaf!

NOTE - the black TSW Imola's are my cloverleaf's wheels, so unles it sells for good money, some 15" speedline teardrops shown will be refitted.

Please contact me via 07875 749472, or shrew.shrew@ntlworld.com to discuss or make sensible offers

cheers chaps

shrew
16V Shrew
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an Update

today she went through MOT without drama, Yippeeee!

a few tiny advisories, including slight corrosion on a single brake pipe, sorted
slight play in the both rear wheel bearings, easy to do, i'll get on it asap
and evidence of a historic oil weep, probably from the sump return that often weeps, again, i'll check to see if its current, which i don't believe it is, becaue theres never been a single drop on the drive.

so, as there was still a month'ish left on the car, she now has approximately 13mth mot, and i'll be looking at the advisories at first opportunity.

all good, so can someone please buy it?

shrew
33bits
16 Valve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good un you have there, was it originally a 16v? only ask because it has an ie look to it, bumpers not fully colour coded, ie style side skirts. Does look tidy though, i'm tempted to ring you with an offer......
33 16v (for sale)
156 JTS sportwagon
contact me for any 33 parts. Alex, 07896-327708
16V Shrew
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i couldn't testify to it either way alex, ive not had it five minutes myself really, but i will look through some of the history and paperwork to see if it reveals anything and post up anything concrete.
16V Shrew
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a bump really, and to say if no-one save this one it may well end up on ebay, and doesn'ty help anyone

especially the car!

c'mon chaps,

cheers

shrew
33bits
16 Valve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been educated, yours is a rare 16v ie model, only ever imported on a J reg. Basically all the ie spec but with a 16v engine. Nice Very Happy
I've got one guy in Warrington interested, i'll let you know if he follows up his interest.
33 16v (for sale)
156 JTS sportwagon
contact me for any 33 parts. Alex, 07896-327708
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: