Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

NOS and 33 16V

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RpmHead
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: NOS and 33 16V Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm wondering if any of you have tried or heard about
NOS-kit (50+) in your 33 16V's?

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/

200hp and 1000kg Cool
'69 Giulia Super
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: I am considering it myself.... Reply with quote

I was looking at the 25-35 bhp kits myself for my modified P4.

Personally I am sceptical as to its use, and its worth. However, if your out racing and the guy next to you has it, and you haven't, "you will be screwin' " as my mate Garinda says (he is the chap with 3.0 V6 145, now with 50bhp NOS kit!!!).

It is doable, and if you have already upgraded your car, and it is mechanically strong enough to take the extra power, it is a cheap mod. However, it will put extra loads on pistons/valves/crank/bearings/clutch/gearbox etc, just when you are already giving them a max load situation (full open throttle), so it is only sensible to use it on strengthened, balanced and solid engines.

Obviously, brakes and handling need improving first, and some way to avoid torque steer would be nice (Buy a P4), but once you are rolling in 2nd and up, NOS shouldn't be too vicious to use in a 33.

Matt

Ex Alfa 33 'GTA' (P4 with Knobs On)
Now cruising in a 166 3.2 Ti!!
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS and 33 16V Reply with quote

NOS-kit (50+) in your 33 16V's?

Hi there,

not happy about this,i was hoping to be the first to gas up a 33,i have 100 bhp fogger kit. which is off a drag bike,so it will have one injecter per cylinder.plus i bought a controller from the US so it's alot safer to use and the engine will be aball to take the power.will be fitting it when i get the time. good luck with it john Cool

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1990 S2 16v veloce sleeping!
2002 ts gtv the wifes now
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet
paddy granger
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the clutch and gearbox take the extra power? Not to mention the drive shafts.
alferr
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know forced induction is not as voilent on the engine as NOS, but in my 33 i put a turbo with 9psi, with no work done to the motor. ie. original pistons, rods etc.. compression at 9.5:1, so a lot of strain on the motor.. I have done about 5000k's on this engine no problems as yet.. had to put in a new clutch just after i did it, but the old one was on the way out any way. all the drive shafts and gear box can handle it ok.

i know that the lancia beta, built by FIAT, has a way of countering torque steer. cause the lancia is frount wheel drive. They put an extra support beam accross the steering rack, i'll try and get a picture for you. its similar to whats been done in a mercedes i was looking at also not sure which one.
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paddy granger wrote:
Will the clutch and gearbox take the extra power? Not to mention the drive shafts.

Hi,

it should handle it if your moving,but i would'nt like to do it off the line,plus as i put in my last post,i have a nitrous controller,so you can put more power through the engine,without killing it.it has lot's of trick's in it e.g shut's the nos off if the fuel lean's out and stop's you melting your piston's which would be bad Sad .plus you can set it to come on when you get to a set RPM.so if you are going to do this,get a controller,then you can gas your alfa up safly Cool

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1990 S2 16v veloce sleeping!
2002 ts gtv the wifes now
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet
ChrisC
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: asdfasd Reply with quote

Regarding the beta - they still suffer from torque steer that I feel is not that much less than the 33, less yes, but not that much less. There are all sorts of aftermarket kits to help though, surely there must be equivs for the 33.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: