Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

1.7 16V SuperChargerd

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alfa 33 1.7 16v
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: 1.7 16V SuperChargerd Reply with quote

Hi
My name is gidon from Israel and i own Alfa 33 1.7 16V.
i read a article about alfasud with Sprintex SuperCharger , and i'm intresting to find SuperCharger that will fit Alfa 33 1.7 16V .
can some please tell my which SuperCharger can fit my car , or where can i find one Question

sorry about the poor english Embarassed

Thanx
Gidon
james
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know if you have seen there web site http://www.spiralmax.com/

They recone it will fit any car is 3 mins. Very Happy that sounds really goood to me.
Alfasud_Net
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.7 16V SuperChargerd Reply with quote

Alfa 33 1.7 16v wrote:
Hi
My name is gidon from Israel and i own Alfa 33 1.7 16V.
i read a article about alfasud with Sprintex SuperCharger , and i'm intresting to find SuperCharger that will fit Alfa 33 1.7 16V .
can some please tell my which SuperCharger can fit my car , or where can i find one Question

sorry about the poor english Embarassed

Thanx
Gidon

It is not a trivial process... Confused

The Sprintex supercharger is not produced anymore. There is a copy from Opcon Autorotor in Sweden which is quite expensive.

Furthermore, there are extra considerations, like engine internals, cooling, clutch, gearbox, etc.

We shall have a feature on www.alfasud.net about super-/turbocharging boxer engines in a future issue. Should anyone have any data or actual experience, please contact me.
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james wrote:
I didn't know if you have seen there web site http://www.spiralmax.com/

They recone it will fit any car is 3 mins. Very Happy that sounds really goood to me.

This is not a supercharger. It is an air vent that puts a 'T' in the inlet air, to try and venturi some more air in. All it does is lean of the mixture a little to get the claimed MPG benefits, and swirl the air fuel mix to get better blending. It will do bugger all to performance really, and I would be interested to see scientifically produced before and after power runs to prove there claims.

Anyway, it would only fit on S3 i.e. cars with single inlet, for twin carbed or quad injectors (16V) you would need 4, and even they say in there smallprint it won't work.

Matt

Ex Alfa 33 'GTA' (P4 with Knobs On)
Now cruising in a 166 3.2 Ti!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum