Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

33 1.5le rear break drums

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject: 33 1.5le rear break drums Reply with quote

How the hell do i get my break drum off jst dicoverd a leak n cnt get the drum off to see whats causing it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: 33 1.5le rear break drums Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
How the hell do i get my break drum off jst dicoverd a leak n cnt get the drum off to see whats causing it
love the car but nly had it a week n already gt issues lol
Oggie
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should only have to remove the centre wheel bearing nut and washer , make sure the hand brake isn't on and pull the drum off.
RFlower
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the handbrake cables are slack, loosen the adjustment nuts behind the handbrake lever and/or disconnect the cables at the back if necessary.

If the drum is very worn there may be a ridge behind the shoes making it difficult to get the drum past them. In this case keep turning the drum as you gradually work it off over the shoes.

If there is a ridge, have the drums skimmed if the inside diameters are within tolerance - the maximum is shown on them, or preferably, replace them.
I have found drums which are skimmed are sometimes not perfectly round, probably due to worn-out equipment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum