Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Reproduction seat fabrics for 33 Permanent 4 and early 16v

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich B
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reproduction seat fabrics for 33 Permanent 4 and early 16v Reply with quote

I am currently working with a guy in Italy on reproducing the seat fabrics for the Permanent 4 Recaros and the early versions of the 33 16v with the same fabric. We have produced an initial sample which is pictured below, the original fabric sample is at the bottom of the photo and the reproduction fabric is at the top of the photo. We have attempted to correct the colouring to allow for fading so hopefully the colours are close to how they would have been when new.

[/img]

At the moment I am gauging interest to see if it is worth going into full production. I imagine there must be a lot of damaged and faded interiors out there so this could be an opportunity to restore your interior to as new condition.

We are also working on producing the fabric for the outer bolsters of the P4 Recaros and should have a sample ready in the next few weeks.

If anyone is interested, please contact me by email: anothertickinthebox@hotmail.com
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

Suspect a lot would come down to price.

Many years ago I asked on the Ricaro stand at a show (possibly the Autosport Show) about the material. There comment was they were produced by Ricaro Italia which seemed to be a reasonably separate organisation.

All the best

Katy
Edward
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priceless? Smile
Rich B
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its going to be about £105 per linear metre.

The fabric will be 1.5 metres wide so in theory you should be able to re-trim the centres of the two front seats with 1 linear metre of fabric so not too expensive other than the cost of having the trimming work done.
Dantino
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful job !
Four years ago I bought my 33 16v with the same fabric on the seats (no Recaros) and door cards.
The seats fabric was so filthy that it looked like cardboards with tar on it, a disgusting thing, someone told me about a steam vacuum machine that could restore the fabric to like new conditions.
It was impossible to find that fabric in my country, Argentina.
Well, I dismantled the seats and all the seams and sewing so I was able to take the fabric pieces out and rinsed them in hot water with soap three times, then I gave the fabric some spins in the washing machine (when nobody was at home, of course) until the water came out clean and clear.
I thought that the fabric could shrink or lose its color, but thinking that nothing could be worse that the sticky and greasy fabric I had I went on.
The results were miracolous, the fabric was very strong and it didn't shrink and it didn't lose its colour, if the colour was slightly faded it matched the door cards fabric almost perfectly, there was no difference and I didn't wash the door cards fabric.
Then I sew by hand the cloth to the vinyl stitch by stitch, every stitch were it was sewn before.
Of course some love, time and patience were needed (and some lunacy too), but I preferred this "labourtherapy" than sitting and watching tv.
When all the job was finished I felt very happy, having an almost pristine interior.
Finis coronat opus.
Like many things in life, opportunities come late, and if I were trying to restore the seats of my pampered 33 today, I could be one of the first buyers of the fabric.
Best regards and congratulations to Rich B and many thanks to all the people who do things to keep our beloved machines in the best possible conditions, regardless of market prices.
Feelings are feelings, and they can't be bought with money.
Rich B
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your kind words and it sounds as though you did a lot of work on your seats. Unfortunately some seats are beyond saving with a good clean, a lot have worn/torn bolsters and very faded fabrics which until now were unavailable.

The production of the both of the P4 fabrics will go ahead, we have a few orders already so if anyone is interested please contact me, the more we manufacture, the cheaper the price will be. It is likely that I will be producing replacement sets of complete P4 Recaro trim using the new fabrics so perhaps that may be of interest to someone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum