Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

series 2 or 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: series 2 or 3 Reply with quote

What the the difference betwen the two

I know the shapes are a bit different but is there much else?

Thanks

James

I would have done but i could not see any nice ones, so on the end i went for a 145 QV. Very happy with it Very Happy

But still looking for a nice cheep 33 cloverleaf.
Charlie
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:51 am    Post subject: Bit out of my depth but... Reply with quote

I think the difference lies in the series 3 is when 'alfa lanica' became 'alfa fiat' altough am not sure. Someone will correct me i am sure.

Of course the benefits of the series 3 are the 16v engines and fuel injected 1.7 8v engine. Both of these units are very powerful. With the older series 2 they were carb fed. Lots of people rate all these units.

I think it is down to personal taste. Personally if i were buying another one i would buy another series 3. Purely because they are newer and the chances of it breaking on you will be less until it itself is old. but that is just me. I think reliability is better on the series 3 and also problems of rust are not as bad as series 2 cars. main areas on series 3 is around petrol cap and alog the bottom of the doors.

i would say you colud have a blat in mine before you decide, but i need a new cambelt and i think new valves. So she is lying dormant at the moment.

Oh and red is the colour to go for.

good stuff

Spaghetti and Meatballs

33 16v elegante Smile
Gary UK
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

series 3 16v most powerful (137 BHP(without cat) less torque than 8v carbed) the s3 8v injection has less torque and horse power (110bhp) than the series2 carbed 8v (119bhp).

The series 2 8v non electronic ignition engines are far more relyable than the series 3 8/16v engines. (What engine you have in your series 2 depends on the country though).

Late series 2 were alfa/lancia but basically the alfa design.

I prefer the 1.7 8v carbed as the extra torque makes it a nicer drive plus you can easily tune the carbs for more than the standard 119bhp.

As for looks that is personal preference, for me s2 or even better a ti sud

The series 3 had better interiors and as for rust the series2/3 are about equal, the series 1 is a rust bucket.
Lee
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: Red ! Reply with quote

Nah I`ll never have another red alfa, A pink 155, 75 and 2 pink 33s have put me off it. The 155 and 33 16v were only a few yrs old and still looked odd, the 33 went a wierd raspberry colour on the roof.

Go for black or met grey 33s the best looking by far.

And as for series 2 or 3, you really need to try both before you decide as they are very different, from how comfortable you sit to how they drive and handle.

Late 16v if you can afford is in my opinion the best, but others may say series 2 qv.

I had 16v as well as series 2 1.7 and prefer the 16v, its got better overtaking punch, as long as you like to rev your cars hard. Laughing Twisted Evil
Lee
yik33
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Series 3 or all injected 33 has power steering. Series 2 uses manual steering so parking effort is heavy unless you particularly prefer the manual steering feel.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum