Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

struts

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete nz 1.5 s2
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: struts Reply with quote

hello all, couple of questions.

1. can i use the front struts from a 1989 s2 1.7 on my 1988 1.5 s2. no doubt the 1.7 engine is slightly heavier .

2. i have been using pennzoil 10/40 semi synthetic oil but now the car is starting to burn to much oil , probably have to fill between min max on dip stick 4 to 5 tim per 10,000 km . the car has been 200,000km, still runs well. the chap at the pennzoil importer [wholesale price] advised that if i change to a ?/50 oil the consumpsion should be reduced. the 10/40 semi synthetic type i have been using is supposedly designed for high performance cars, i use it in our 1993 mits magna 2.6 -also high milage with good results.
would like to get a few more kms out of our beloved 1.5s2 before having to get ;yes another 33.
any help appreciated
pete
Eddie W
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete
The struts should fit ok, I don't think there is much weight difference between the motors. There is a guy in Palmerston North who brings in OEM Boge shocks for the 33 at very good prices. I got a L/H strut and both rears at bargain rates, still waiting on the other strut to complete upgrade.
I use 20/50 oil in our cars but I don't think it is going to make a big difference to your oil burning unfortunately. Check that you don't have oil coming from the dipstick as the rubber on it gets hard over time and they don't seat properly. Oil winds up dripping on the exhaust. Best of luck.
Regards Eddie
Dbhol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:41 am    Post subject: struts Reply with quote

Question Hi all
another question. Can I use the struts from an '89 Mk2 QL on an a '92 Mk3?
Thanks
Del
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: