Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Extractors plus Exhaust

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errol
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: Extractors plus Exhaust Reply with quote

Hey all, soon im going to put an exhaust on my 33, but it is worth it to go all the way to the engine as in extractors/headers or just go from the Catalyst back with a sports muffler? Just need some opnions Very Happy
Falken 195 low profile
K&N Pod filter
Cannon 2inch exhaust from cat-back with 3inch tip.
Paul D.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Just found interesting site for 33-exhausts Reply with quote

But as far as I know the spaghetti-manifolds are non existant for the 16V, elseways, I'd pay 235€ for the rest of the exhaust line from manifold to rear of car. And I had a csc marmitte on my 8V and the sound was perfect, so can't miss for my 16V now. OMP group N is about 210€ for the whole line from manifold to rear. Cheap compared to the prices you pay for remus or supersprint.

Regards!

Paul D.

http://www.csc-marmitte.it/eng/Silenziatori.asp
Scott Sander
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errol,

I thought you were going to sell the 33 Question

How much money do you plan on spending on the system Question

Anyway, as you know I have from the cat back a 2" stainless steel mandrel bent system using the original headers. That gave a reasonable gain compared to completely stock.

The big issue I have is the amount of ground clearance you will have after putting on a cross over system. Legally you must have 100mm from the lowest point of the car to the ground, excluding wheels. Also when you decide to go supersprinting you will need to have original headers in the "entry" level category.

Go see Tuffy mufflers at Alexandria; they'll be able to give you a quote. The only change I might make these days is going for a titanium system over stainless. Apparently it is much lighter than stainless.
Errol
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, I was going to sell it, but I couldnt let it go plus the new car thing fell through. So im going to keep the 33 and spend damn it Smile. Ill try tuffy exhausts at alexandria.
Falken 195 low profile
K&N Pod filter
Cannon 2inch exhaust from cat-back with 3inch tip.
Peter D
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Cross over manifold for 16V boxer Reply with quote

Look at the other thread here, about cross over manifold for 16V boxer, and you will find out, that you can get a big bore 16V cross over manifold from

http://www.iresa-web.com/iresa.html

Peter (DK)
Paul D.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Indeed Reply with quote

there's one lonely company who sells it. Just curious how long it'd take to get it from spain to northern europ, if it ever gets here Smile Should give it a try (after I've saved some money, just bought 16V QV and leather recaro interior and new years evening still has to pass.... Razz )
Anybody who has that manifold?

Regards and happy newyear!

Paul D
(btw Peter, friend of mine just bought two sud TI's from '83 as restauration objects, can't wait to start restauring them)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum