Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Iridium Spark Plugs from NGK

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martini
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Iridium Spark Plugs from NGK Reply with quote

Has anyone tried them in the 16V? The BKR6EIX are listed as an equvialent plug to the PFR6B on spark-plugs.co.uk and the price difference is not very big.

I'm hearing a knocking sound from the right side of the engine on acceleration and hope it is the ignition system that needs some overhaul.
If it is still there after new ignition parts I'll probably have to surrender and let a pro alfa mech continue Embarassed

The background is I recently restored both heads and changed all valves on that side after a cambelt failure. (Crankshaft nut fell off causing the belt to jump a couple of teeth) I changed the big end piston bearings shortly after hearing the noise but now it is back as loud as ever. Crying or Very sad

Thanks

Martin
nickus?
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be a sticky lifter?
RpmHead
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Iridium Spark Plugs from NGK Reply with quote

Martini wrote:
Has anyone tried them in the 16V? The BKR6EIX are listed as an equvialent plug to the PFR6B on spark-plugs.co.uk and the price difference is not very big.

I'm wondering about the same, anyone tried them by now?
How are they compared to the Iridium ones?
'69 Giulia Super
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: