Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

8valve vs 16valve car

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jobrien389
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: 8valve vs 16valve car Reply with quote

I am thinking of selling my 1989 33 cloverleaf and getting a 16valve qv with trimmings and stuff. Or could keep my 89 and have a play with engine and carbs / filters whatnots to get a bit more punch out of it.

apparently 8valve has more torque but I do find i run out of oomph here and there when feeling quite like a blast on these ere devon roads if dont get caught behind some carrot crunchers.

the 8v engine is easy to work on. I had a drive round the block w no pants on.. I mean Air Filter box lid on and no filter. not suposed to do that! but enging grouls ansd much more responsive altogether beaster sound kicks in from 3krpm or around here. my air box starves it of air and muffels lovely engine sound. Are there any other filter options I could look at.. without ruinning the risk of getting all xr3i.... oh im havving one of my turns. <burrb> come over all Xr3i. ...must go see doctor.

went to doctor other day with strawberries growing out of my head - he gave me so cream to put on them

!
Jonathan
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum