Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

some info needed

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kok

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: some info needed Reply with quote

I am thinking of buying a alfa 33 1.7 '91. (i used to have an alfa 33 1.5 with the double weber carbs). Some questions i wanted

Any solutions on security point of view? Ok, i have a stoplock but that can stop thieves for 8-9 sec. Are there any other cheap solutions?

Also is the 91 version of 33 catalytic? or do i have to do a conversion?

Also how possible is the conversion of the rear brakes from drum to disc?

thanks,
Kok
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

A disk conversion is probably possible, but not easy. I have heard that people have used Fiat Uno Turbo rear hubs, but as the rear brakes dont do that much I wouldnt bother (although I hate changing the shoes on drum brakes

Whether it has a cat or not depends on the market it is sold in. UK model 1.5 IE models would not have a cat, and the 1.5 was dropped in the UK at the end of 1992 before cats became compulsory

As to security, not sure really

All the best

Keith
neo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Quote:
Any solutions on security point of view?

Hi!

You can do a bypass over a relay and a microswitch for the igntiton coil or the fuel pump if it it electrical. Use the relay as a high current switch and the microswitch for the activation of the relay. Hide the microswitch in the interior and that's it. Without the activation of the microswitch you wouldn't be able to start the car.

I't is a cheap solution and very efficient.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kok

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the replies.

they quoted me £400-500 for disc breaks in the rear.
probably i ll forget it and just will improve the front discs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got it yesterday!

slight mayo on the oil cap but i ll wait to see how it evolves (probably change the oil).
the steering wheel makes abit of weird noises.

but from a 1.7 16V it is pretty good!
(good accelaration, specially after 3000 rpm)
jobrien389
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: relay switch gizmo Reply with quote

could you re explain the relay -micro switch circuit for imobilising car. sounds interesting. I used to do loads of electronics but not for years now so cant figure it.

You can also buy a device which uses a turn key from the engine bay to icolate the main HT.

however I like your idea of switching the fuel pump off. my old rover 214 had a fuel pump cut off switch sensor on impact that would cut fuel supply.
located in the dash behind the gearbox. occasionally if you accidently kicked dash it would trigger it and when yo ugo to start the starter would just turn over and not fire up. first time it happend I could not work it out. but the AA came and bashed the dash resetting the sensor and started fine!

Jonathan
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum