Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

electrical woes

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave_NZ
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: electrical woes Reply with quote

Hi all. I went to start my car today and all that happened was the doors locked. I figure that there is an earthing problem and that the central locking is shorting out on the ignition wires somewhere. can anyone suggest where i can begin looking. This is the first major electrical problem i have had so i hope to find a solution soon. thanks in advance.

Dave
box_me2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: electrics Reply with quote

Hey Dave.
Alfa’s are well known for their amazing electrics,
I also have a problem with my left rear indicator, it seems to have a “lazy eye” that is when it is turned on it also lights up the tail light, resulting in a dull indication and when applied with the break no indication at all… all the globes are fine can anyone help? (sorry I was no help)
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also have a problem with my left rear indicator, it seems to have a “lazy eye” that is when it is turned on it also lights up the tail light, resulting in a dull indication and when applied with the break no indication at all… all the globes are fine can anyone help?

I think I've heard of that one before, you have to check the earthing of that tail light module. Bad connections cause one circuit to earth back through another and both bulbs light up, or something. =|

Dunno about your problem Dave.. My central locking locks itself when I open the passenger door wide, but fortunately the car still starts.. Rolling Eyes
Ravi
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave - can't help you with your problem mate - sorry!

Ben - your door electrics problem is easily fixed. I had the same thing happen with mine.

The problem is because the plastic conduit running between the door and the front panel of your car has broken and or fallen off. This normally protects the wiring and stopping it from coming into contact with the metal bodywork of the car when you open the door.

I found by simply wrapping up the wires with insulation tape where they were touching the door stopped the problem... Not sure what the electrical cause is however - perhaps an earthing or conducting effect?!

Cheers

Looking to upgrade to a 16v?...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: