Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

windscreen washer not working

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patrick
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: windscreen washer not working Reply with quote

Hi everybody.

I have a problem with the windscreen washer of my 33 1.7 i.e (1992). When I engage the washer with the steering column switch only the wipers start to move but no water comes.

Some obvious points i checked already:

1) The reservoir is filled
2) Both the windscreen washer and the headlight washer don't work (They have separate pumps!)
3) I checked from the outside: when someone engages the switch I do not hear the pumps working - this pretty much rules out the possibility that the water lines are clogged, especially as the lines for windscreen and headlight washer are separate hoses.

This in all is why I suspect an electrical problem, i.e. the pumps do not get any current and dont work.

Does anyone have an idea where to look for the problem in the circuit?
fuses, multiswitch in the steering console, electrical connections, any relais in there?

In my opinion it has to be somewhere where the circuit is triggering both pumps...i do not expect that the connections to both pumps have fallen off at the same time Laughing

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Regards

Patrick
Pimp_Dudu
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 33's front lamp washers also dont work...but i always thought their not supposed to work...that they jsut stay there and look cute...or something....so i guess that i just gotta go under the car...again....in -20 weather...yipeeeee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My windscreen washers didn't work when I got the car because of a non-return valve that had died and was stopping water getting through. I could hear the pump going though.
I just removed the valve and rejoined the piping.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: