Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Recommend a mechanic in inner west Sydney?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew Kirkcaldie
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Recommend a mechanic in inner west Sydney? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Have just moved house and find myself in need of a mechanic to combat some oil fouling in cylinder three. I had a recommendation from my mechanic in Newcastle, but wondered if anyone can recommend a mechanic who understands Alfa 33s and is accessible from our place in Summer Hill (between Lewisham and Ashfield in the inner west).

All recommendations gratefully received.

Cheers,

Matthew.
Ravi
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mate,

My dad has had about 8 Alfas, and i'm on my 3rd - the guy that services my car has been working on our family's Alfas since he was a 16 year old working in his mum's backyard!

He does a good job, and isn't to pricey - but most importantly he has a lot of Alfa experience.

His shop is called "CMN Motors" and it is located on Irene Crescent in West Ryde.

The guy you want to talk to is Mario - and yep - he's Italian.

Cheers

Ravi

Looking to upgrade to a 16v?...
33alfa33
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Inner West Sydney Mechanic Reply with quote

Meoli Motors, Marrickville

Phone Andrew on 02 9519 8501

He has been very good to me. He has lots of 2nd hand parts, owns and drives a 33 himself and is a trained Alfa mechanic, and is a nice bloke.
Matthew Kirkcaldie
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips, guys!
hate33problemz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just stay the hell away from automoda in fivedock, they tried on several occassions to rip me off, all problems were fixed with parts from repco and only cost a few bucks. alfabits in revesby are also good but expensive.
Matthew Kirkcaldie
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Meoli were great! Reply with quote

Thanks to the advice here, I took the car to Meoli (see above) and they were fantastic - Andrew is a real enthusiast, has a huge knowledge of Alfas, and doesn't charge for work he can't do. Also a real gentleman and always happy to chat about things - even put the car back on the hoist to show me something about the rear suspension once!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: