Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Finally i can say the alfa is "mostly working"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrian (melb)
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Finally i can say the alfa is "mostly working" Reply with quote

In the time ive owned my car (4 years)
Ive gone through 3 different engines. On two of those engines ive had broken and bent valves which were repaired individually. Replaced 10 -yes 10 tyres, changed the suspension twice, replaced the clutch replaced the clutch slave cylinder in a non related exercise, and had my heater core decide to burst. Had to regrind a set of cams. Replace the instrument cluster and 3 different wheel bearings. It appears the only part of the car that hasnt "expired" is the gearbox (touch wood).
You would think that any normal person would have given up, but with me its personal. Finally after the horrendous 4 years the car is running on full power.The handling is spot on and the tyres have been going strong for 2 years. The final work required is to replace the rear axle (i bent that one myself Sad Source a vacume advance for the distrubitor.
I just thought id share the delight i feel when i go to turn the key of the alfa and it starts first time with no major quibbles.

Cheers
Adrian (86QO transplanted 1.7ti, big exhaust, lowered, K&N, and its all WORKING Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost run-in then! She'll be right one of these days!
lesthegringo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Should have kept quiet...... Reply with quote

Now, by telling eveyone it's working, it is sure to break down within days........

Alfas, eh?

Les
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't they fun? Mine played an April Fools joke on me today, unhooking the door latch spring when I got out of the car after arriving at work and parking on the street. That meant I couldn't close the door, let alone lock it and arm the car alarm. I was the only guy in our block of offices who had to get out the tools and disassemble his door before driving home. Rolling Eyes
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's REAL dedication...

I'm on the same kind of "adventure" with mine...
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me not long ago, when the weather was cold and icy! Door lock froze up, and wouldn't shut properly! Ended up slamming the door in frustration! A RULE: Never try and fight the 33!
I broke the spring inside, and had to drive 30 mile down the M5 with the door tied shut with some nasty old rope! A pretty hairy journey that was!!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum