Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

IDF Carbs

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teefivonine
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: IDF Carbs Reply with quote

Hi,

I could do with checking the idle jets for blockages on my 1987 33 Veloce Weber IDF 40's. I found a diagram on the web showing their location but they dont appear to be in the same place on my carbs ?? Can somebody enlighten me please.
Serpent33
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: IDF Carbs Reply with quote

teefivonine wrote:
Hi,

I could do with checking the idle jets for blockages on my 1987 33 Veloce Weber IDF 40's. I found a diagram on the web showing their location but they dont appear to be in the same place on my carbs ?? Can somebody enlighten me please.

Are yours weber as well?
paulhide
P4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should just undo the top of the carb and the idle and main jets should be there for you to unscrew out.
rjbevan
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just checked my idle jets and 2 of them were blocked up. After removing the top elbow, I noticed that the main jets are very prominent (as they stick out about an inch) whilst the idle jets are adjacent but are below the top of the carb body (so they are easily missed!).

I have a fuel filter that looks very clean but is the petrol reacting with the aluminium of the carb to block the idle jets? If so is there an easier way of keeping the jets clean (such as adding something to the petrol tank)?

Richard
Serpent33
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjbevan wrote:
I've just checked my idle jets and 2 of them were blocked up. After removing the top elbow, I noticed that the main jets are very prominent (as they stick out about an inch) whilst the idle jets are adjacent but are below the top of the carb body (so they are easily missed!).

I have a fuel filter that looks very clean but is the petrol reacting with the aluminium of the carb to block the idle jets? If so is there an easier way of keeping the jets clean (such as adding something to the petrol tank)?

Richard

The one sticking out is the air corrector jet. Unscrew it and the main jet is right at the bottom end. Please take care not to over tighten and keep it clean. Not to under tighten as well.... good luck.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: