Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Carb engine in car with injection

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micap
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Carb engine in car with injection Reply with quote

My question to you guys is as simple as the topic says. I'm considering buying a 92 Alfa 33 1,7 i.e., the only problem with the car is that the engine is about to go. Since I have a 87 1,7 QV with a very good engine standing, I was thinking about changing the bad engine with this. The 92 model is mounted with kat, so my question is if it's possible to take the entire injection system from the bad engine and put it on the good one. The old engine has mechanical valve lifters, but I don't guess that will be a problem?

ex 89 1.7 QV
now 85 1.5 QV with 1.7 engine.
John Hansen
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Engine swap Reply with quote

Why not just swap the carbed engine in toto? Depending on the fuel injection, you may find that the carbed engine has more HP. I know this was the case for th first fuel injected engines as I undrstand that the twin carb (87 QV) had 118 hp and the EI (or is it IE) only had about 105 hp + maybe a little bit more. Alos, the carbed engine is easier and more fun to tinker with!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: