Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Series 1 carbies.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dicko

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Series 1 carbies. Reply with quote

Here is a question for the oldies.

I own an 85 33 qv 1.5l 105 hp.
Apparently the suspension on this QV model is different from the standard or Gold Clover model.

Wondering if anyone knows what exactly is uprated. Presuming that it is harder springs or there abouts. Most Shock Absorber manufacturers recomend the same replacement shocks for the 33 QV 1985 as for the standard 1985 model.

I guess the series two 1.5 (Ti) cars are the same mechanicaly as the series 1 1.5 QV....?????/bar the Boges vs Spica struts???

Also... I am going to mount a series 1 SUD sway bar/crossmember to my car...what do you rekon, and am to renew the shocks.... rubbers.... and probably springs...any advice appreciated.... i

Dick in OZ.

Razz Mad Shocked Shocked Twisted Evil
dickme33schmick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Sorry... and carbies for a dummie. Reply with quote

Oh yeah...(cont)... and the series 1 85 QV 105hp......

is there a guess as to wether the carbies (weber 36) are jeted like the sprint 105 hp or the 84 105hp SUD QV.

I think I read they could be..... 61/100 or 71/250...

any ideas??????? real nerd topic. Question Embarassed

DIcko
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Not a clue about the jetting. Some jetting is here though:-

http://www.alfa-pages.co.uk/carbjet.htm

As to the cross member, I think it is different. Might well work better (there was an article years ago in the AROC owner mag about doing this to improve the hanlding) , but I dont know if you need to swap the arms as well

All the best

Keith
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum